The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lucents

Stratloc
Stratloc
✭✭✭✭
I just wanna say that there are so many things I enjoyed about Fargrave and Deadlands questing, more than I have in a while.
BUT
The lucents... I don't get the idea behind this mechanic. It's just gibberish. You take the thingy, charge it in the other thingy, unlock in yet another thingy. It's just words and unnecessary forced pseudo complexity without being the slighest challenging.
Am I the only one who cringed at this every time?
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It did seem very clunky with a lot of back and forth rather than actual puzzle.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Jarogniewa
    Jarogniewa
    Soul Shriven
    Well got to admit, that 6 bells puzzle on Vvardefell Public Dung was better. Lucents mech is very easy, like 5 years old can do it. But imagine how annoying it would be if you'd need to for example charge it with soul like soul gem and you've already killed everything on your way there... Now you got to wait for re-spawn. I think it was not challanging at all but it also wasn't annoying pause in quest. But yup I'd love to have in settings option to change how hard will puzzle be, like in old good Silent Hill. Easy, medium and hard would be enought.
    twitch.tv/Jarogniewa
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it blows away the "puzzle" also in the storyline where you have to "align the boxes with the runes."

First I saw no runes, second it didn't matter anyway just keep going you'll "solve" it.
    PC NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO needs more puzzles like those in the offline Elder Scrolls games, e.g. the Skyrim puzzle in the Mzulft Aedrome Oculory.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the one puzzle in the game i usually have to keep looking up now and then is the one for the quest in old orsinium public dungeon

unless you are an orc scholar its a lot to remember lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014