The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Healthy Offering Still Heals Through Walls?

Ididuz
Ididuz
Now I can't do it. Is this a bug? Or this a nerf?
Edited by Ididuz on November 2, 2021 4:16PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ididuz wrote: »
    Now I can't do it. Is this a bug? Or this a nerf?

[snip] hell if they ninja nerfed this alongside the garbage change they made to the baseline skill this patch, I'm out.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 7, 2021 7:14PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malevolent offering was one of the last skills in the game to have an actual real risk vs reward dynamic use for magblade healer.

They neutered it via some short sighted lazy fix to make it into just another one button magicka costing burst heal because magblades think that Is the way to address their self sustain issues in pvp. Wha a joke.

This is an absolute terrible change accross the board for magblade healers in pvp, you know... the magblade builds that this skill was designed for. The self damage was entirely redundant in pve and completely a non factor and I pvp it actually rewarded strong magblade healers who know how to balance the health cost while affording them the magicka pool to continue with their oh so "oppressive" utility / spamable, that coincidentally are engineered to float their health and provide attrition as a for of skill ceiling for those that know how to build and play the spec. Literally NO ONE complained about this unique tool, and in fact 99 percent of the pvp player base was simply ignorant to its strength.

"Lul, a heal that cant target the caster!"

"Lul a heal that costs life!??"

"Lul a healer skill on an assasin class!?!??"

Offering healing through los was perhaps too smart that I think zos did it by accident. Magblade didnt have a strong on demand ability to top themselves off, so leaning into the los aspect of the heal came with risks since generally you need to float your self HPS with the siphoning tree (outside of resto staff). And the los aspect synergized perfectly eith NBs kit that allows them to escape and relocate. Healing a group? Getting targeted?, image port behind los and heal allies, are they taking heavy damage? Well you are going to have to get back in to generate ult, and get swallow souls running on yourself, if you are breaking 6 stacks of the oblivion dot.

THIS is where the magicka counterbalance came from. You exchanged a strong selfless heal that cost health and then used that magicka pool to otherwise heal yourslef via engaging in the very damn skill tree designed to heal yourself through active gameplay!!..

What an absolute joke.

Edited by exeeter702 on November 6, 2021 7:50PM
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    snip
    this!

literally no one was asking for changes on it, it definitely made NB healer incredibly unique
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I have unslotted it. I have one empty space on my bar & I am trying to find a decent replacement. Currently I am using Mend Wounds, but it is a bit tricky. Basically, I have "heavy attack" my allies (to heal them) instead of heavy attacking mobs to get resources back. It requires a bit of practise, but I am still thinking about some other options I have.

Anyway - an empty slot is still better than Malevolent Offering... that is how usefull that skill has become lol. I may just end up slotting some Mages / Fighters Guild skill for a passive buff...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 7, 2021 7:18PM
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    magblade healer main here in BG (deathmatch) / pve

malevolent offering was the main skill of my build in pve since they go through wall and cost health who make him the best heal i never used (the heal cost gived him very hight class identity to magblade healer)
    Tbh. I have unslotted it. I have one empty space on my bar & I am trying to find a decent replacement. Currently I am using Mend Wounds, but it is a bit tricky. Basically, I have "heavy attack" my allies (to heal them) instead of heavy attacking mobs to get resources back. It requires a bit of practise, but I am still thinking about some other options I have.

Anyway - an empty slot is still better than Malevolent Offering... that is how usefull that skill has become lol. I may just end up slotting some Mages / Fighters Guild skill for a passive buff...

when deadland come out and seen the change the skill instantly goes from my bar to trash tier skill i never slot again.
    i stopped deathmatch bg too since my main tool for business was ruined.

in pve i just replaced by grim focus/merciless resolve because 300 extra spell damage for healing ability still better than this new hybrid strange trash skill.

Zos not maked so we keep one morph like he was before, no it's all or nothing XD.

proof i mained NB healer in bg for long time

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1630856397661069976/2B921591111D458EF9C7F55A01F3241D2F2FC842/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=#000000&letterbox=false

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/768353331086431609/BF646B861C82ED86B9434446BC6B19DFC742998C/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=#000000&letterbox=false

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/780737616258840472/268E35A5A96F652E50847E877433C018DE246100/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=#000000&letterbox=false

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/784121114587752771/C7CB3AD710896459F1A0A6846DA86A3354F854A8/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=#000000&letterbox=false
    Edited by Arkew on November 8, 2021 6:34AM
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    As a magblade main I'm over the moon with the healthy offering change, finally we have a nice burst heal to use on ourselves without having to rely on HoTs
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just reminding ZOS that returning old skill to one of the morphs (probably Healthy Offering) is a good idea. There were plenty of builds resolving on HP cost entirely. It's not like they were broken or anything, but now they are destroyed and people are not happy.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    literally no one was asking for changes

Um

*Raises hand*
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Um

*Raises hand*

No sorry, the majority of those people were asking for a simple one button solution to heal yourself as a magblade without needing to rely on the resto staff. They werent considerate about where that burst heal came from. They just didnt have any insight about what purpose offering actually served. I would argue its entirely possible ZOS saw the interaction with the skill on the low end and decided it needed to be changed.

Offering was an exceptional tool for magblade healers in pvp. Asking for a self target burst heal as a solution to magblade pvp woes is extremely short sighted and not where the work needed to be placed to address the issues they have. The self healing should have come from re-bolstering the siphoning skill line to what it once was, where a magblade that actually knew how to operate, was able to float their health mid combat and lean into attrition while playing smart. Things like a potent swallow soul with minor vit attached to it, among other things helped this greatly.

This is a universally poor change because it gutted magblade healers, while giving weaker non healer magblade players a one button burst heal instead of steering them into playing the spec in a more ideal way. And now the burst focused glass cannon magblade builds that rely on procs to get anything done, now have an escape tool, an immediate los tool, and the ability to completely top themselves off and reset in seconds. Its poor design in my opinion and completely took away one of the last remaining aspects of an actual skill curve / ceiling while removing a very potent risk vs reward skill for one of the most unique healer specs in the game.
    Edited by exeeter702 on November 12, 2021 2:00AM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Um

*Raises hand*

No sorry, the majority of those people were asking for a simple one button solution to heal yourself as a magblade without needing to rely on the resto staff. They werent considerate about where that burst heal came from. They just didnt have any insight about what purpose offering actually served. I would argue its entirely possible ZOS saw the interaction with the skill on the low end and decided it needed to be changed.

Offering was an exceptional tool for magblade healers in pvp. Asking for a self target burst heal as a solution to magblade pvp woes is extremely short sighted and not where the work needed to be placed to address the issues they have. The self healing should have come from re-bolstering the siphoning skill line to what it once was, where a magblade that actually knew how to operate, was able to float their health mid combat and lean into attrition while playing smart. Things like a potent swallow soul with minor vit attached to it, among other things helped this greatly.

This is a universally poor change because it gutted magblade healers, while giving weaker non healer magblade players a one button burst heal instead of steering them into playing the spec in a more ideal way. And now the burst focused glass cannon magblade builds that rely on procs to get anything done, now have an escape tool, an immediate los tool, and the ability to completely top themselves off and reset in seconds. Its poor design in my opinion and completely took away one of the last remaining aspects of an actual skill curve / ceiling while removing a very potent risk vs reward skill for one of the most unique healer specs in the game.

We argued about this multiple times before the change. I have personally been asking for almost exactly this change for ages, and you and I have the same argument almost every time NB healing comes up on these forums. The *raises hand* was because I am one of the people who has been asking for this, which immediately disproves the claim that "literally no one" asked for it.

Edit: It's also worth noting that when discussion of this change has come up, I have very rarely been the only person in favor of it.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on November 12, 2021 2:29AM
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been asking for that change as well, like many others. I'm super excited for tomorrow! (I'm on console)

Still, they could have kept a morph as it was and another as it is now.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't. But I would have done if I'd thought they'd do it. great change...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should keep Healthy Offering morph as it was and make base morph & Shrewd Offering morph as a magica costing self heal. There. Every one is happy. But (surprisingly lol) ZOS did not listened to feedback...