The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So the legends are true....

• JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

I love how BotSmasher says

If you are a real player and don't want to die where you stand, move away.

ROFLOL
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep it up ZoS
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Just last night for the first time in over a week I dared to go inside a public dungeon., after all I wanted that sky shard.

They really kill all fun for me, and after coming out I just felt deflated, the entire dungeon was full of players called, 'gigiufg' and 'padsfpoief' and 'fuyef' not just on the boss but running around killing everything.

For me killing the bots is a start and it is good to see Zeni taking an active role with GM's in game.

Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭
    I am old and trustworthy. Make me an ambassador to bot farmers and I will bring the approved message to them. Hopefully this will look like: (1) Investigate suspicion, (2) Target Bot, (3) Teleport Bot to prison holding cell for official investigation, (4) Move to next dungeon boss site and repeat steps 1-3.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domo Arigato, Mr. No-Bot-O.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    Yankee wrote: »
    [Why do you think sending in a few GM's stops them from using programming resources towards a better solution?

Because there are things they could be doing to actually improve people's gameplay. A GM can't give you a bot-free public dungeon experience. Even the OP will go into a dungeon later (or even the same one) and find it infested again. However, GMs could be spending their time advancing people who choose past the bugged quests which are preventing progress in the game.

Are you seriously whining about this? Wow. Prime example of what's wrong with the gaming community these days. They are attempting to fix a problem and you are whining that it isn't the problem YOU want fixed at that exact moment. Good lord. I have post about the bots/gold farmers right now. I, for one, am beyond pleased with Zeni attacking said bots/farmers. AWESOME JOB! I haven't seen a lot of bots today, either. So kudos to you, Zeni!
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thete I don't see a great "informed" suggestion in there anywhere. Just more generalizing and other such nonsense. Thank you for your 'water pistol' forum comments. WoW is an awesome game.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hearing reports that the bots are just reappearing a short time after the GM leaves which tells me the accounts aren't getting banned. Their accounts need to be banned right there on the spot.
    Well that sux..
    There is no notice on that thread about dealing with bots either.
    Maybe a rogue GM just wanting to vent frustrating.
  • snigernissen
    snigernissen
    ✭✭
    [img][/img]zvq5s.jpg

drunk-baby-19080_w.jpg

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I was a warden in Starwars Galaxies and could silence gold-spammers. That way they where also targeted for a GM to investigate. I wish we could apply for something like that here and we could insta-kill bots. Of course this should not be misused so if you do it on normal players there must be a penalty.

Edit: nvm not a good idea. I am pretty sure it will be misused in PvP

Definitely not a good idea if that sort of power is given to players. Power goes to people's heads and bad things happen.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Spyder51
    Spyder51
    phairdon, I was a member of two such "situations." I was a senior counselor for Ultima Online and a Sentinel in Asheron's Call after that. You would probably be amazed at just how well it worked.

Alas, both of those games had separate server "worlds," and player/volunteers weren't allowed to do their volunteering on worlds they had characters in, so abuse was easily detectable and uncommon.

For such a situation to work in ESO, NA volunteers would be from EU server and vice versa.

At the end of the day, I don't care who does it. Thank you for making SOMEONE do it, ESO! :)
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright, ol GM wants us to whisper him
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Vordar
    Vordar
    ✭✭
    I believe that one way to swiftly kill bots and gold farmers is hit the milk ticket. Take care of the gold buyers and when the market for gold is gone they will just move away to some other game. These farmers exist solely because there are dumb people that buy gold online. They don't understand that giving any kind of personal information to these "companies" is asking to be hacked and robbed.
  • SDZald
    SDZald
    ✭✭✭
    Its not just a problem in Public Dungeons. Last night in an out of the way local area I was out mat hunting for crafting. I spotted a ore deposit and as I ran towards it a player appeared right on top of it, farmed it then disappeared. This happened over several spots. So I started to pay attention to the name and it was the usual bot name like ghgrefe but was different for each node so I suspect that a gold spammer had several bots setup to login, farm and logout.

Then there are the chat channels, most nights they are unusable due to the gold spammers flooding it with adds. Something has to be done about this problem, it is getting very frustrating.
  • Elember
    Elember
    ✭✭✭
    I saw same message in desert area of Bangkorai yesterday. When I saw it I was running around mining so my thoughts were,

"I wonder if the GM will know I am not a bot?" lol

So seeing as the area I was in was about 5 levels above my level I decided to leave the area and do some questing in areas more appropriate to my level.

Another question I have is, "how do I tell if I see a bot?" I have no idea what so ever on that.
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    With a name like Bot-Smasher you would like to see a little smashing going on :)

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saw a GM in earlier today when I reported bots in a lowbie dungeon. Was nice to see those parasites drop dead and vanish.
    Edited by demendred on April 27, 2014 11:28PM
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vordar wrote: »
    I believe that one way to swiftly kill bots and gold farmers is hit the milk ticket. Take care of the gold buyers and when the market for gold is gone they will just move away to some other game. These farmers exist solely because there are dumb people that buy gold online. They don't understand that giving any kind of personal information to these "companies" is asking to be hacked and robbed.

Any way you can think of to prevent gold buying, I can think up a way to get around it. Unless they gimp the game to the point where nobody can trade/give anything.
    [DC/NA]
  • SDZald
    SDZald
    ✭✭✭
    demendred wrote: »
    Saw a GM in earlier today when I reported bots in a lowbie dungeon. Was nice to see those parasites drop dead and vanish.

It is nice to see something being done about. I do hope tht the Bot Smasher is doing more then insta killing the bots, they better be taking down the names and canceling the accounts or this is just treating the symptom not the cause and those bots will just return.

• Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I was a warden in Starwars Galaxies and could silence gold-spammers. That way they where also targeted for a GM to investigate. I wish we could apply for something like that here and we could insta-kill bots. Of course this should not be misused so if you do it on normal players there must be a penalty.

Edit: nvm not a good idea. I am pretty sure it will be misused in PvP

id like to see something like this too ...but i agree with your edit sadly.....back in the older days these were greater ideas , but with the newer mmo players ....well they lack the respect and maturity lately >.<
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Any way you can think of to prevent gold buying, I can think up a way to get around it. Unless they gimp the game to the point where nobody can trade/give anything.
    Same can be said for gold selling .. so why don't ZOS give up and let what will be, be? Nice attitude, it's all too hard so let's give up.

The fact ZOS refuse to ban the BUYERS shows the lack of any real desire to kill of the botting and gold selling, by refusing to deal with the root cause then thy doom themselves to fail.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    I have to admit that is epic lol I was on when he came to smash bots but I wasn't there to see it brings back memories of Everquest GMs lol.