The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What's it like always playing the meta with all -races - classes - builds in PVP ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
I just wanted to get some insight to understand the mentality of players always wanting to play the strongest builds classes in the game.

Is that ESO now ?

Wasn't like that before, the game was more based on creative standpoint to build a way that fits your playstyle.

Feels like you have to have 13 characters just to always compete, unless your class and playstyle falls in the meta accidently.

Seems like you cant even do that now...

Thoughts ?

Best Answer

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish ZOS would decide how competitive they want this PvP to be. There's a massive power gap between meta builds or tactics, and people trying to be creative or fun. Groups (4-12 players) that stack heals to immortality, then basically stall until they can AoE bomb or focus a single target, remain massively more powerful than anything else.

Perhaps so many players are attracted to solo zerg surfing or 1vPotato is that there is less of a restrictive meta for this style of play, you can feel successful doing this on a variety of classes or specs, at least until you run into a heal stacking group, at which point you either do exactly what they're doing, or you might as well log out.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Answer ✓
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the meta race and class right now? Feels like it's mostly sets and its because they keep releasing new sets with a high set of power, then swinging the nerf hammer hard later.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    What's the meta race and class right now? Feels like it's mostly sets and its because they keep releasing new sets with a high set of power, then swinging the nerf hammer hard later.

Seems like Necro and DK's run the show with any race with those classes ?

But I'm trying to gain a perspective of always running the Meta ?

Like what are players thoughts thinking " ok this got nerfed " I cannot play this class or race now ?
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

Seems like Necro and DK's run the show with any race with those classes ?

But I'm trying to gain a perspective of always running the Meta ?

Like what are players thoughts thinking " ok this got nerfed " I cannot play this class or race now ?

It's all the same of what I eluded to. Right now; there is a set that makes purge dangerous to groups. That's the number 1 defense of a templar, and a loaded key ability of warden that can trigger it automatically. On the flip side; DKs are heavy on DOTs that are now getting purged less often. Necros have a buff to using DOTs as well as a built in resistance, and a self only purge they can control not to trigger said set.

Necros also have a great synergy with the previous set which was recently nerfed yet there's still opportunities to make it quite strong having the necro take care of reduced damage and CC

It's ZOS lack of foresight that at times handicaps classes in opposite ddirections just by sets alone.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't get it either. I just play with what I have and usually switch it around to keep it interesting. Then again, some people take winning in pvp *really* seriously. Just look at some of the posts on these forums, and how utterly traumatised they get when someone else kills their digital character. I guess if winning a video game mattered that much to you, you'd probably have to have the absolute, uberest class/race/skill/set combo too....
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get it either. I just play with what I have and usually switch it around to keep it interesting. Then again, some people take winning in pvp *really* seriously. Just look at some of the posts on these forums, and how utterly traumatised they get when someone else kills their digital character. I guess if winning a video game mattered that much to you, you'd probably have to have the absolute, uberest class/race/skill/set combo too....

Agree 1000% But do they not understand that ESO isn't really a skilled game that cannot be gauged in PvP ? Its intriguing to know how or why players take it that serious now ?

Is it a social aspect of not having real life friends ? Or maybe suffering from a mental illness ... Its very strange but fascinating in comprehending what they think.

So much passion 😂
  • GypsyKing22
    GypsyKing22
    ✭✭✭
    I play a level 4 vampire high elf stam DK as a bomber/ganker and I am doing more than fine in battlegrounds deathmatches. Definitely not an optimized build lmao