The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mirri's Bug Issue Gone?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I just started using Mirri again after playing with Bastian for like, ever. Anyway, I grabbed a bug and Mirri didn't say anything? Did the devs remove this?
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to my knowledge. Could be a bug. Sometimes I've done things to anger bastion but the rapport going down never actually showed up. I was using the blade of woe against enemies to be sneaky (I was in rp) and apparently bastion hates that.

Edit- Checked patch notes from Update 32 & 31. Nothing in there about Mirri no longer hating killing bugs.
    Edited by Seminolegirl1992 on November 11, 2021 8:39PM
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have noticed that they no longer are bothered if you examine the bug but don't actually take it, so they might have changed that. Either that or they are more lenient when your rapport is at a certain level...
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it just Torchbugs & Butterflies? So if you grabbed a different bug...

(meanwhile, my character with Mirri is working on some old Cadwell's Silver quests. Today, I hit the one in Eastmarch that wanted me to collect.... torchbug wings. Um. :o )
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have her rapport maxed, and I accidentally grabbed a butterfly the other day, and she asked if I could get my alchemy ingredients from something else or something like that, and the notification came up that her rapport went down. I looked at the meter, and nothing seemed to really change though. I quickly did some other stuff that raised it up again though from just regular gameplay just in case though.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should put a centipede down her back....
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it just Torchbugs & Butterflies? So if you grabbed a different bug...

Same thought occurred to me when I read the first post. . . .

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get a rapport decrease only from grabbing butterflies and torchbug, but there is a cooldown (5 minutes I believe), so maybe the rapport decrease was on cooldown?
    Alternatively the voiceline simply could have not played for some reason.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so it seemed to just be in Western Skyrim that she didn't care about the torchbugs there haha.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    My problem is that I go to grab a bug and even before the option to pull it apart and collect its guts appear, Mirri doesn't like me. It's just an accident Mirri, jeez.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my case it was a torchbug or butterfly, and it was the first time, so cooldown wasn't an issue.
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    In my case it was a torchbug or butterfly, and it was the first time, so cooldown wasn't an issue.

Would be nice if there was a quest where MIrri has to fight a giant man-eating Torchbug and she ends up finding it okay to kill them, or a quest where a Goblin helps her and she no longer hates Goblins. Because honestly, not all Goblins in the game are bad and I find that some NPCs hatred of them is borderline racism.

SPOILERS for RIVENSPIRE***

Like that one Stibbons quest where the guy gets turned into a goblin, or in Cyrodiil when you have to poison a goblin who was pretty much not hurting anyone... Mirri can't go to Cyro but still, I find that some hate for the goblins are warrented whereas others are just plain ignorance or lazy character development on the Devs part.

Like goblins and high elves used to conduct business together if I remember correct from the Summerset quests.
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭

Would be nice if there was a quest where MIrri has to fight a giant man-eating Torchbug and she ends up finding it okay to kill them, or a quest where a Goblin helps her and she no longer hates Goblins. Because honestly, not all Goblins in the game are bad and I find that some NPCs hatred of them is borderline racism.

Like that one Stibbons quest where the guy gets turned into a goblin, or in Cyrodiil when you have to poison a goblin who was pretty much not hurting anyone... Mirri can't go to Cyro but still, I find that some hate for the goblins are warrented whereas others are just plain ignorance or lazy character development on the Devs part.

Like goblins and high elves used to conduct business together if I remember correct from the Summerset quests.

Some Gobins can even speak, so it's not like they are complete savages...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DP99 wrote: »
    I have her rapport maxed, and I accidentally grabbed a butterfly the other day, and she asked if I could get my alchemy ingredients from something else or something like that, and the notification came up that her rapport went down. I looked at the meter, and nothing seemed to really change though. I quickly did some other stuff that raised it up again though from just regular gameplay just in case though.
    Its just one point decrease so it does not matter unless you farm them.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm fine with this as long as there's no rapport loss from her liking goblins. Goblins are everywhere, sometimes you don't see them, and needing to avoid killing them would be a monumental inconvenience greater than needing to avoid bugs.

Though to be honest, I don't think she needs to like goblins. I find her dialogue concerning them amusing and character flaws are necessary to make the personality of a character interesting.

Perhaps having her like them could be circumstantial. There are some she doesn't like, and some, based on interaction in a quest line, that she does. Or perhaps we could see further justification as to why her hatred of them exists so that we can understand her better.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(This was too good of an idea to pass up the chance to write it.)

Mirri and Varanis Arano arrive at the Wayshrine in Fell's Run. Fireflies dance around the shrine in a cloud while more drift down to the river in a flashing mating dance.

"They're beautiful!" Mirri squeals.

Mirri remains utterly enchanted with the swarm even when it gets too thick to speak without swallowing one. They get to the village inn and find the screen door and windows absolutely plastered with glowing bug guts. Varanis asks, "Can I at least scrape those off for potions?"

"You're horrid." She sees a poster and reads "Fell's Run Firefly Fetching Contest: collect bug guts for prizes. You're all horrid!"

The innkeeper is worried and very relieved to see two hardened adventurers. "People have gone missing."

Mirri says, "Maybe you should've left those pretty fireflies alone."

"Bloodfiends? Wolves?" Varanis asks.

"We don't know what to make of the tracks."

They head back out into the swarm, pulling scarves over their mouths this time like it was a Vvardenfell ash storm. The tracks are indeed odd: two rows of three indents in the river bank, and each set is a hop, skip, and jump away from the previous.

"Some sort of insect," Mirri theorizes. "I didn't think nix-ox lived out in Rivenspire."

"Whatever it is, it can fly."

They follow the tracks to a screen of trees, from which an eerie, eldritch glow enamates, flickering wildly. "A magic-using insect?" Varanis wonders. "Now I've seen everything there is to see."

Mirri peeks through the trees, turns the color of ash, and sinks back down against a tree trunk. "I didn't know they could be carnivorous. I...I can't. You'll have to kill it."

Worried about her friend, Varanis takes the next look. A torchbug the size of a mammoth has made its lair in the clearing. The bones of its victims are scattered around. It's swollen abdomen pulses with flashing light.

She hauls Mirri to her feet. "Come on, you can do it. Think about all the Detect pots we'll make from it."

"Varanis, I can't. It's too cute to kill!"

"It's a murderer. Besides, we'll probably get first prize in the contest."

It's a long, hard battle even for an archer and a dragonknight, and it's dusk by the time they head back down the village. At least they don't have any trouble finding their way.

The innkeeper meets them at the door. Varanis announces, "We killed it. If you need to bury the bodies, they're back there."

"Where?" The innkeeper asks. Then he looks over their shoulder to where their glowing footprints light up the road and trail back from the forest. "Right, I'll draw up a bath."

"Please do," Mirri says. Her hair is absolutely plastered to her scalp with luminescent guts and two torchbugs are trying to mate in her ear. "I feel horrid."
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    DP99 wrote: »
    Its just one point decrease so it does not matter unless you farm them.

I know, that’s why I said that I could quickly replace that one point by reading a book or making some liquor or something else she likes just as quickly by just continuing to do regular stuff that I normally do in game.