The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where to get Mercenary Motif

Mr_Arce88
Mr_Arce88
✭✭✭
I've read that Mercenary Motif used to drop from undounted chests. But as the chest are inactive now how can I obtain style pages for this motif? People say it drops from pledges, but I've been playing this game a lot for last 6 months and I had 0 drops from my pledges rewards (same goes for mages/fighters/undounted dailes, they only drop Draugr Motif). So is this motif unobtainable now? I play on PS4 EU.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Arce88 wrote: »
    I've read that Mercenary Motif used to drop from undounted chests. But as the chest are inactive now how can I obtain style pages for this motif? People say it drops from pledges, but I've been playing this game a lot for last 6 months and I had 0 drops from my pledges rewards (same goes for mages/fighters/undounted dailes, they only drop Draugr Motif). So is this motif unobtainable now? I play on PS4 EU.

You now buy the "chests" from the quest givers for shoulders. The mercenary motif has a chance of dropping when you open those.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very low chance from the undaunted chests. You'd be better off getting them from guild traders. They are fairly cheap.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    It's a very low chance from the undaunted chests. You'd be better off getting them from guild traders. They are fairly cheap.

They are not cheap, in fact they are going for over 100k and they are scarce.

I ve opened quite a few of those chest boxes and no mercenary motifs have dropped.

Is this style simply unattainable unless you are very wealthy, and dropping a million gold on the set is small change.
    PC-NA