The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
β€’ PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Allow a NPC in cyro loading areas to remove combat bug

SigmarusWyrmborn
SigmarusWyrmborn
✭✭
Please allow an npc to remove combat bug status in each of the factions loading zone. πŸ™
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not a bad idea at all. It absolutely ruins the pvp experience when you can't actually ride anywhere. Suicide pots don't work on tankier characters and as to getting killing yourself, if you can't mount, it can be a long ride.

Most days now, if I play at all, I just defend home faction forts. Even if you can mount, it's not worth riding half way across the map just to get stuck in combat and half to walk back if it's unsuccessful.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    We should be allowed to get on the horse mid-fight in all areas, but start with 0 stamina for the horse.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok thats fine, but why don't they just fix the bug instead? Honestly Zos please its just embarrassing for this bug to still be in the game after all this time. Stop dealing damage or receiving damage for 10 seconds is out of combat, simple as. Why do we still get stuck in combat 10 miles away from where the fight took place? Why do I get stuck in perpetual combat whenever I am in a BG? Should just disable the out of combat resource regen in BGs since you are always in combat anyways.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go into a delv and it removes the bug.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is mounting while in combat forbidden anyway? If you get hit a bunch while summoning the mount, by the time you get on, you're off and on you back if not dead already. I accept full responsibility if I mount in combat and I get myself killed. It's so much better than being in purgatory.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go into a delv and it removes the bug.

Yeah but sometimes it takes me multiple tries to get out!. I think it takes you off the campaign list when you go in, and if it's pop locked, you have to wait for someone to leave. Something weird anyway.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Why is mounting while in combat forbidden anyway? If you get hit a bunch while summoning the mount, by the time you get on, you're off and on you back if not dead already. I accept full responsibility if I mount in combat and I get myself killed. It's so much better than being in purgatory.

Because it would cause more problems than it would solve. If everyone could just jump on their mounts and ride off in the middle of a fight it would drastically speed up map movement.

Here's two examples.

1. AD just took Sej and are zerging BRK. They don't even need a camp because Sej is so close. EP sends a group to flag sej.

The AD watching Sej calls it out. 12 AD leave the zerg and mount to ride to Sej. Even if they had 0 ride stamina they'd still get there in time to stop EP from flagging.

If they couldn't mount, EP would have a few minutes before anyone could run down. Or even better, no one would even bother because of the run.

2. A group of running scroll. They get intercepted but kill off the enemies. However now they are unable to mount right away. This gives other enemies a chance to catch up, as the scroll runner will have to go as slow as his friends or risk separation.

Having said all that, any load screen in the game should remove combat status.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on November 11, 2021 11:44PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • SigmarusWyrmborn
    SigmarusWyrmborn
    ✭✭
    this bug is real 4 times tonight, surprised there aren’t more complaining about or maybe its just a norm we deal with now
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    You can jump into Chessemonger's Hollow in your main base to drop the combat bug.
    PC NA