The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fossilized now bugged in PvP

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Since last patch, it is completely random when this works.

I have just tested it numerous times on guards in Cyrodiil, and even though they are NOT CC-immune, I cannot get fossilize to trigger on them half the times.

Against others players, it's the same deal - it's completely random when it works and when it doesn't.

I seem to remember that this bug happened a looong time ago as well, but it seems that it's back again.

Can you fellas get it to work consistently?
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it's still bugged with the immov pots on players afaik. Not sure about guards though, but honestly may not have noticed if I couldn't.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed take flight doesn't work half the time in bgs but fine in cyrodil for me fossilize works good
  • baselinestun
    baselinestun
    ✭✭
    escapist poison bug still there?
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had the same problems. Half the time fossilized is blacked out and i've still been having problems with take flight in BGs.
  • HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    Fossilized is hard to use regardless especially with lag.

You have to be aiming straight at the target if they move slightly it will black out.

Due to lag you may think your looking at them but they have already moved.

Then once hit they become immune for x amount of seconds before you can hit them again.

Give up on take flight it’s never getting fixed…
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually yeah I noticed the guards also not being able to be fossilized, seems random though.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to use Mesmerize, but if Fossilize is bugged and not working I might have to if I wanna force a tank to drop block. Great...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    Wait what do you mean "now" it's bugged. Just google "eso fossilize bugged". It's had issues for quite a few years now with different bugs cropping up.

This is just a continuation from the bug that cropped up a few months ago.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    escapist poison bug still there?

I did start using escapist poison recently and that's now that I think about it is when take flight in bgs started to f up.
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    How is this still bugged?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a few duels with a friend and when he had CC immunity it completely locked Fossilize off from being used even after it ended. Can confirm it's bugged and unusable.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can they just drop the "disable skill when enemy is immune" thing, if that's what causes the issue?
    I mean ok let us use the skill again without any effect, why not?
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill fails to land when the target moves out of range but it STILL CONSUMES MAGICKA. Didnt see that happening before.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the "most OP" stun in the game, it's also the most unreliable. It's been buggy a long time. I don't even bother slotting it now. Most sessions I won't get it off once.
    Edited by Larcomar on November 10, 2021 11:11AM