Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS please bring 24 ppl groups back

shacklebreaker
shacklebreaker
✭✭✭
I'm in a group right now and we are 12, this is not a group, this is not enough!! I demand 24 players cap per group!!
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm in a group right now and we are 12, this is not a group, this is not enough!! I demand 24 players cap per group!!

While I object to the "Demand", I and my guild (of 500 players) would also like to see 24 member groups return. We are tired of leaving folks out due to an arbitrary reduction that had absolutely zero impact on performance.
    Edited by Kwoung on November 6, 2021 5:16AM
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    They wont bring 24 man groups back. Three 24 man groups would hit the population cap for an entire faction right now. That's how low the pop caps are now.

We don't get a reasonable group size back until we get new, better servers, and that seems highly unlikely at this point.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We don't get a reasonable group size back until we get new, better servers, and that seems highly unlikely at this point.
    ZOS has repeatedly stated that the "servers" aren't the problem, [snip]

Counterpoint to OP: If ZOS can't address heal stacking stalling large scale fights indefinitely, maybe they should address it by lowering max PvP group size to 8.

[edited for conspiracy theory and misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 7, 2021 2:12PM
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

While I object to the "Demand", I and my guild (of 500 players) would also like to see 24 member groups return. We are tired of leaving folks out due to an arbitrary reduction that had absolutely zero impact on performance.

I agree with wanting 24 man groups back but after adding companions to the game now you're looking at 48 characters to keep track of buffs and etc. That could be problematic.

So if 24 man groups are to return Zos will need to rework how groups are assigned. Like player only/ player and companion/ pvp/pve trial/pve dungeon. That would be a proper fix.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭

Counterpoint to OP: If ZOS can't address heal stacking stalling large scale fights indefinitely, maybe they should address it by lowering max PvP group size to 8.

I know what ZOS says. I also know that up until this last MYM event ZOS was able to make cyro perform almost up to expectations even with a temporary doubling of the PvP population. They have proven that they can fix the PvP performance issues if they try, even if it's only for a few weeks per year.

I've listened to what ZOS has been saying since August 2014. What they say doesn't always match what they do. It's even more rare that results match what they say they are trying to do.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 7, 2021 2:13PM
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »
    Kwoung wrote: »

I agree with wanting 24 man groups back but after adding companions to the game now you're looking at 48 characters to keep track of buffs and etc. That could be problematic.

So if 24 man groups are to return Zos will need to rework how groups are assigned. Like player only/ player and companion/ pvp/pve trial/pve dungeon. That would be a proper fix.

Did there used to be 24 man groups for Trials? I thought the group size for PvE was always capped at 12. We are talking about PvP in this thread/subforum.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as it is Disabled in PVP then i agree.
    PVE ONLY.
    Large groups in cryodiil destroy pvp in a Long list of ways and should be stopped, Discouraged and never happen.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've listened to what ZOS has been saying since August 2014. What they say doesn't always match what they do. It's even more rare that results match what they say they are trying to do.
    No disagreement on that and same here, but it's still not a hardware problem, demanding "better servers" will never be productive. Instead, perhaps we should be demanding permanent MYM, not just whatever they do to raise the pop caps, but the actually useful reward boxes and double AP gain as well.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with 12 man groups is there is no way to teach new players, a 12 man pick up group of new players will vaporize in seconds against a skilled group. I have no real skin in the game as I prefer solo play but for game health I think 24 man is better for pvp.

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[edited for conspiracy theory and misinformation]

Zergs can heal stack the same way ball groups can with cross-heals so I don't see how limiting the group size changes anything. Unless I'm mistaking my mechanics

On the topic of the thread. I've said repeatedly over the last couple of months that group size reduction is the worse thing ZOS has done for PvP. It's made it so much harder to introduce new players. Reversing the decision would do much to help with the population decline.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's made it so much harder to introduce new players.
    Unkillable groups that spend hours "farming" said newer players aren't helping their case.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They divided the swarm without spawning additional Overlords. The Overlord serves as a population control unit, but is also able to detect stealth units and carry zerglings across the battlefield.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They divided the swarm without spawning additional Overlords. The Overlord serves as a population control unit, but is also able to detect stealth units and carry zerglings across the battlefield.

What?
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should make a solo only month and allow no grouping or cross healing :)
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭

What?

He's talking Starcraft lingo. "zerg" is a term from the game Starcraft. The Overlords in starcraft are what determines how many zerglings you can produce. They're just mixing up the lingo to try and be funny.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

They should try an expanded server resources test for a month. That's the only thing they haven't tried apparently.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What?

He's talking Starcraft lingo. "zerg" is a term from the game Starcraft. The Overlords in starcraft are what determines how many zerglings you can produce. They're just mixing up the lingo to try and be funny.

Also, I'm making the point that you theoretically doubled the number of groups by cutting them in half without doubling the number of crowns to group them. The 24 player group used to carry more inexperienced, small contribution players than a 12 player group can carry now.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or how about group only in Cyrodiil, two can play that game.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

easy get around for me, I just would group with somebody before they go offline and enjoy my solo play
    :)

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

easy get around for me, I just would group with somebody before they go offline and enjoy my solo play

Yeah but you play on PS so first disconnect fixes that! :D
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nah bud, you still stay in the group when you log off or disconnect , you can stay in group forever as long as you don't leave it

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

also, I can actually exist in a small group, and have fun doing it under the right circumstances....a lot of people who play exclusively in groups and neglect solo play also neglect the improvements that can be made to your game play by playing solo....it only makes you a better pvper......

• Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure whether @shacklebreaker was referring to PVP or PVE. For PVE, 24 person groups for things outside of trials should be fine. PVP I could go either way 12 or 24. PVP needs to stop cross healing if you are grouped up with more than 3 other people. Let the solo people have their heals.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

also, I can actually exist in a small group, and have fun doing it under the right circumstances....a lot of people who play exclusively in groups and neglect solo play also neglect the improvements that can be made to your game play by playing solo....it only makes you a better pvper......

Each one of the core players I group with can play solo just as well as group.
    We have played together for years, not to be confused with random zergs.
    Since I am retired I play solo during the day as well as many of my friends have to work.
    My beef is with all the complaining and misinformation about organized groups being the cause of world hunger.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As to heals we would just adapt to self healing and still be very effective.
    Each of the group is expected to be able to survive as it is now.
    In that mode we don't even have to group thanks to guild chat or discord.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 9, 2021 7:25PM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great way to kill Cyrodiil
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TequilaFire I have never said organized groups are bad, I have, however, stated that certain practices (pvdoor etc) that some groups thrive on are bad for pvp....same could be said for solos, small groups etc....and some people blame solos for all of pvps ails, which is equally as off base...

@neferpitou73 ..statement was tounge in cheek bud......

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TequilaFire I have never said organized groups are bad, I have, however, stated that certain practices (pvdoor etc) that some groups thrive on are bad for pvp....same could be said for solos, small groups etc....and some people blame solos for all of pvps ails, which is equally as off base...

I've seen so many people make, with all due respect to them, ridiculous statements suggestions on this forum, that I couldn't tell :) Some weird MMO version of Poe's law
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen so many people make, with all due respect to them, ridiculous statements suggestions on this forum, that I couldn't tell :) Some weird MMO version of Poe's law

no worries :) def hard to tell sometimes

• WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure let's bring back 24 person groups, right after we stop 4+ instances of the same heal stacking on every player in the group. Your human centipede farm groups are not helping the problem of low PvP population.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP