The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Q: Flurry has been good one time in PvP why ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
Flurry has only been good once in PvP why is this ?

Why doesn't it compare or match other spammable abilities in the game in terms of damage and heals ?

Why does ZOS hinder or neglect other skills lines for bias or more easy playstyles ?

Best Answers

• WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only used Flurry in a viable PvP build once, back in 2015/16, and only because of how broken bleeds used to be.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Answer ✓
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And the fact that burst has been the main component to PvP is ridiculous, hominization of skills and abilities geared around one playstyle is madness in a non esport game. You are suppose to use your head to counter things thus using creativity not everything should be based on math. Not everything should be a rotation of timing, in esports for sure but not ESO.

The main issue is the attempt to streamline everything into the same "power budget" across all game modes at the same time. Like you said, layering burst is favored over stacking dots, so it doesn't really matter if you everything does X amount of damage for Y amount of cost. But that's the last design philosophy.

Sad to think that DoTs were a viable playstyle in pvp before they gutted bleeds and defile. One can only hope that once they are done with fitting everything in they start to take the original design differences into account an create outliers from there on.
    Answer ✓
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you not get Draugrkin stamsorcs on your server? Used to be a plague in noCP.

However the fact it relies on a specific set or two to be usable means it's bad.
    Answer ✓
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @divnyi has a cool build using maelstrom dw. It makes flurry playable
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    PvP as a whole doesn't fit very well with the style of damage of DW. For the majority of the game's life in PvP, straight burst has always been better than DoT oriented builds even though you could still make them work
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that it has a long "cast" time should dictate that it hits harder then a normal spammable, not less. Someone stands in flurry long enough without rolling or blocking they should get hit hard. I think DW in general needs buffs to every skill except whirlwind which is pretty strong as is. I wish we would see more DW+2H builds again and less sword n board. Just needs to be equally powerful on offense as sword n board is on defense.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flurry is pretty strong paired with deadly strike because its considered a channel and therefore it gets buffed by deadly
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw someone using Flurry the other day, frantically running around poking other players with toothpicks doing no damage.

It was funny to watch.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 5, 2021 9:42PM
    PC NA
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I saw someone using Flurry the other day, frantically running around poking other players with toothpicks doing no damage.

It was funny to watch.

The skill is trash in PvP and its been trash for 6 years, but its odd to see other abilities always getting buffed when Zos doesn't understand how flurry works in PvP.

If you increase movement speed its hard to ask someone to sit still while you poke them. It says .6 sec channel nope more like 2 seconds.

And the fact that burst has been the main component to PvP is ridiculous, hominization of skills and abilities geared around one playstyle is madness in a non esport game. You are suppose to use your head to counter things thus using creativity not everything should be based on math. Not everything should be a rotation of timing, in esports for sure but not ESO.

Its all good through I just wanted a little rant on this being a vet day 1 player. Zos dont really care they balanced the game around PvE and RP'ers to even care about PvP. IMO the sweats and people with mental health issues kind of ruined PvP, taking it so serious that's its life for them.

It will be fun to see Xbox game studios absorb Zenimax, I like to follow the employees on LinkedIn because ill never play another game again from these people. So each game I play in the future I check if any of them are working or playing on it.

I just want to play a game that the employees enjoy making geared around PvP'ers / multiplayer. Elden Ring looks amazing btw ! And Nobody from Zos works there, it was all made in Japan. You can tell love went into that game because everything we told ZOS to do they did right.

ok I'm out 🎤👇

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

It was funny to watch.

The skill is trash in PvP and its been trash for 6 years, but its odd to see other abilities always getting buffed when Zos doesn't understand how flurry works in PvP.

If you increase movement speed its hard to ask someone to sit still while you poke them. It says .6 sec channel nope more like 2 seconds.

Its all good through I just wanted a little rant on this being a vet day 1 player. Zos dont really care they balanced the game around PvE and RP'ers to even care about PvP. IMO the sweats and people with mental health issues kind of ruined PvP, taking it so serious that's its life for them.

It will be fun to see Xbox game studios absorb Zenimax, I like to follow the employees on LinkedIn because ill never play another game again from these people. So each game I play in the future I check if any of them are working or playing on it.

I just want to play a game that the employees enjoy making geared around PvP'ers / multiplayer. Elden Ring looks amazing btw ! And Nobody from Zos works there, it was all made in Japan. You can tell love went into that game because everything we told ZOS to do they did right.

ok I'm out 🎤👇

I think it's fun to run in some certain instances, I actually ran a dw stam DK with flurry as my spammable, it works really well in deadly strike gear and bloodthirst morph has a heal attached and procs hemoraghing. It's not the greatest spammable but there are some off-meta situations that make it viable. I've actually been able to kill people in outnumbered situations with flurry ironically enough. Great to run poisons with too because it's easier to land hits on target in pvp with flurry than say D-Swing.
    May not be the meta thing to run but I've gotten 5k+ hits off flurry when it finishes its channel, it's not completely horrible to run
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This ability is bad in PvP because it's so easy to simply move out of it, no need to even dodge roll. Templar jabs will often land in such cases. Flurry would need to be made much harder to avoid if it's single target, or be made an AoE diet jabs.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps