Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

UserSettings.txt

Mayrael
Mayrael
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I have a request, can anyone suggest what can be changed in this file to achieve better hardware optimization of the game? I care most about FPS steadiness less about beautiful effects. Any tips would be appreciated.

My laptop specifications:
CPU: i7 10750H
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1660 Ti
RAM: 16 GB
Say no to Toxic Casuals!
I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go here:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-increase-performance-guide/

it spiked my FPS by about 60 FPS doing these suggestions.

But the REAL prize is the tip about turning off the videos when the game starts. I got so excited about that and I'm loving those things not running every time I start the game!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SET DETAIL_MAPS “1” —> “0”
    or SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS “0” —> “1”
    Can make your game look like this:
    7uomen6si3ye.png
    shkab4u4iz9v.png
    Images borrowed from this thread. I had the same issue and spent a good while troubleshooting. I narrowed it down to these two settings, not sure which one controls these light beam effects.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    SET DETAIL_MAPS “1” —> “0”
    or SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS “0” —> “1”
    Can make your game look like this:
    7uomen6si3ye.png
    shkab4u4iz9v.png
    Images borrowed from this thread. I had the same issue and spent a good while troubleshooting. I narrowed it down to these two settings, not sure which one controls these light beam effects.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge