The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The fishing map project

yunfangoldhag
yunfangoldhag
✭✭
Hey everyone :smile:

This project has been around for a while and some of you may have heard about it (and even already used our maps ;) ), but it just hit us that we never actually made a proper post on the forum about it !

Let me introduce you all to our little ESO project : the fishing maps !

This project was started 3 years ago by my dear friend Dan, also known as "Captain Trout", an everlasting fishing enthusiast (at least in ESO) :smiley: He started mapping fishing holes using Votan's Fisherman and he quickly realized that there weren't really any exhaustive and continuously updated fishing maps available out there... so he started his very own fishing map compendium !

After many years of gaming, he retired and passed his fishing rod down to me, The Chancellor, so I could keep on updating the project with the new zones coming out every year :blush: Well, more specifically, I do the in-game mapping and he updates the website ^^'

The fishing map project is hosted on my guild's website (House Tertia), which Dan was a part of (+ he pretty much created the website back then), so that's why you'll see tabs about events and joining us ^^'

The fishing map project is divided into "classic maps" (such as this one) which are static, and "interactive maps" (direct link) which are, as the name suggests, interactive. Colors have been optimized for color-blind people so everyone can enjoy them :)

The project is also a part of "the ESO app" available in the apple store.

The Deadlands fishing map was recently added. I think I'm still missing a few fishing holes, but I do at least one round a day so I'll eventually catch them all eheh. The Blackwood fishing map was recently updated and should be near complete by now, although I think I'm still missing a very few elusive holes.

Keep on fishing o7

PS : I'm on PC EU @yunfangoldhag if anyone wishes to contact me there.
Chancellor of "House Tertia" (PC EU) - Casual, Mature & Friendly Guild, PvE/social (housetertia.com)
Master Crafter, Lore Enthusiast, Raid Leader, Fishing mapper, Healer, DD & Tank
  • dan_el2
    dan_el2
    ✭✭
    Captain Trout? Somebody called for me? <><

Let me also add that the maps are optimized to nicely fit on tablet screens. Someone once told me especially console players might enjoy that (due to the lack of game addons) :smile:

Keep on fishing!

Sincerely,
    Your Captain Trout