The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addon request: Hide skyshards from map

Mortuus126
Mortuus126
✭✭
With the new update, ZOS has mandated that skyshard locations be force fed to players. For players such as myself who really enjoyed finding them on our own, this is a pretty big blow. I don't feel like I can rely on ZOS to make this feature optional in a timely manner, so I am appealing to the addon community. Even though we may be a minority, there are still lots of people out there looking for a method to hide undiscovered skyshards from the map. Thus, I was wondering if anyone would be able to create such an addon. I would imagine it is possible since the skyshard map element is already togglable via toggling objectives, but unfortunately that also turns off all world bosses, quest locations, mundus stones, and everything else of note. However, I don't know anything about the creation of addons. To anyone who undertakes this: you have my deepest thanks, and you will have quite literally saved the game for me. Being currently unable to engage in one of my favorite activities is not great.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also hoping someone will be able to create this. There's some addons which do similar things which makes me think it might be possible, for example World Map Wayshrine Controller can hide wayshrines, houses, dungeons and trials and Pin Killer can hide quest markers on the map, on the compass and in the world.

I don't know the specifics of how skyshards and other objectives are handled so I'm not sure what exactly is possible, but I'd love an addon to hide them.

(Even better would be an addon that lets you show/hide all the different kinds of objectives either before or after they're discovered, but that might be much harder to do.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

Can you be more specific? Which of those addons will hide the skyshard markers recently added to the base game?

A lot of them will add skyshard markers if you want them to, but as far as I'm aware none will remove the ones which are now part of the game by default.

Pin Killer seems like the most likely candidate but I'm already using it and it doesn't have any option to hide skyshards.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Mortuus126
    Mortuus126
    ✭✭

Not yet we can't. The latest game patch forced skyshard locations on. I'm looking for a way to remove them. Based on other threads, I know I'm not alone in this desire. Besides, I checked all those addons before even posting.
  • Exarch
    Exarch
    ✭✭✭
    I'd support such an addon, I had been hoping their would be a configuration option to disable the skyshard map icons for those of who liked exploring for them.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Can you be more specific? Which of those addons will hide the skyshard markers recently added to the base game?

A lot of them will add skyshard markers if you want them to, but as far as I'm aware none will remove the ones which are now part of the game by default.

Pin Killer seems like the most likely candidate but I'm already using it and it doesn't have any option to hide skyshards.
    Mortuus126 wrote: »

Not yet we can't. The latest game patch forced skyshard locations on. I'm looking for a way to remove them. Based on other threads, I know I'm not alone in this desire. Besides, I checked all those addons before even posting.
    Exarch wrote: »
    I'd support such an addon, I had been hoping their would be a configuration option to disable the skyshard map icons for those of who liked exploring for them.

I am currently testing the addons to see if indeed one of you is correct and the new update has changed something.

I am currently able to turn off my skyshards on and off.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was able to turn off all the addons except the Addon Selector and Maps pins and Make the wanted pins appear on my World map or make them disappear.

With the following addon

MAP PINS
    • This adds additional pins on your ingame map. Allows you to only see the ones you want, individually controllable.
    QWubNIn.jpeg

Can you all test it and see if it works for you with the needed libraries ?

By using the Piin Killer Addon I was able to turn off all the Icons on Compass Except the Skyshards one, indeed an Update has probably changed this, I will ask the Addon Author on the ESOUI site if its possible to update this.

PINKILLER
    • Gain full control of all Pins for quests , this AddOn will hide any and all manner of floating quest pins in the World, on your Map and/or your Compass. Makes you really pay attention and explore the world fully, if you wish.
    PinKiller OFF
    B1twyGj.png

PinKiller On
    VwDq43f.png

While the addon is being updated or a fix is found with some of the libs or the addon.

I found a Way that for me works if I just want to see the Compass North South East and West

I use the following addon
    WYKKYD'S FULL IMMERSION (BSK CORP FIX)
    • Fully Configurable settings that you are able to Toggle with a keybind : Hide Compass, Hide Quest Tracker, Hide Hold to Interact Window and auto-sheathing your weapon and many more settings.
    A customized Compass Being Toggled
    66zEaOi.png

With that addon in options the "Compass Options" let you make the icons small and change the Opacity of the icons on the compass, playing with that can make your Skyshards Invisible enough just for you to see the N S E W on your compass.

I also have set a Keybind to the compass to toggle it off and off to only see it when I need it.

** Note the compass info will comeback to full opacity for 1 second after entering the UI, so its best to toggle off the Compass with the keybind, before using any UI to not get a clue where the skyshards

its not perfect but may work for some I can see the E and S but not the skyshard , play with it till you find something
    EyGjCYL.png

Edited by WiseSky on November 7, 2021 2:30PM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons