The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Bosmer and Dragons

Auztinito
Auztinito
✭✭✭
I have a few potentially interesting questions for you all.

Is there any connection between Bosmer and Dragons?

If so, were there “Bosmer” that could change/shapeshift into Dragons? Also, were Bosmer before the Green Pact stuck with one form or was it more of a choice of what they’d shapeshift into?

Also, has there been any race that could practically become a Dragon through shapeshifting like Werewolves?

Lastly, is Dragonknight’s Dragon abilities that involve growing wings a type of illusion spell or something else entirely?

Best Answer

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer are connected more to animals than dragons as dragons are something else entirely.

Also the Dragonknight is an Alteration and Destruction magic based class. The wings are high Magicka costing alterations that fade away very quickly, which is the nature of alteration spells like that. Way Alteration magic works is you convince the universe that you want something to be something else entirely, and as a result the amount of Magicka put in is very great unlike illusion magic.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Answer ✓
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons are not animals, they're Aedra. The only connection I know of between the races can be seen in the lair of Maarselok.

Bosmer before the Green Pact were said to be formless, but they may have been Aldmeri. It's never been made clear and likely never will be, like much of the Dawn Era.

There is apparently a race of tiger people on Akavir whose king claimed to have become a dragon, Tosh Raka of the Ka Po' Tun. How literal this is isn't known. In terms of there being a transformation into some fire-breathing lizard thing, Hircine apparently once created a were-Daedroth.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i missed this for years, and it sounds like you did too, prof, so get ready to smack your forehead:

switch up the word order of the name Tosh Raka.

so maybe those "tigers" were Ada?
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toshraka could be the old Po' Tun name for Akatosh, and their king took the name after he transformed? We might never know, but since Akatosh is almost always depicted as a dragon and they originated from Akavir (allegedly) I think that's a theory worth remembering. Good catch!
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons are not animals, in The Elder Scrolls they're something much more metaphysical in nature.

Alduin is the Nordic pantheon's version of Auri-El and Akatosh.
  • Auztinito
    Auztinito
    ✭✭✭
    So, what I am gathering is that their is no known connection and likely isn’t one between Bosmer and Dragons.

And Dragonknight isn’t actually tapping into some weird magic/bloodline thing like Dragonborn.

Whelp :p. There’s goes my head-canon for a Bosmer Dragonknight of having the ability/curse of becoming a Dragon that is interfered/suppressed by the Green Pact. So, wing abilities and her horns are apart of her Bosmer form not holding.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auztinito wrote: »
    So, what I am gathering is that their is no known connection and likely isn’t one between Bosmer and Dragons.

And Dragonknight isn’t actually tapping into some weird magic/bloodline thing like Dragonborn.

Whelp :p. There’s goes my head-canon for a Bosmer Dragonknight of having the ability/curse of becoming a Dragon that is interfered/suppressed by the Green Pact. So, wing abilities and her horns are apart of her Bosmer form not holding.

There are "Dragonlings", which look like dragons but have no actually connection to them.