The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Night's Silence 5 piece bonus no longer works

odintgeb14_ESO
See title. It just doesn't work after the patch. I see this happened years ago with previous patches. Seems that particular gremlin is back.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just discovered this issue as well.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is exactly what I was here to find, if there was a bug report or not. OK. Good. Carry on. Please fix it, ZoS. <3
  • doright
    doright
    ✭✭
    I can confirm the Night's silence set is no longer granting the set's 5 items perk of "Ignore the Movement Speed penaliy of Sneak."
  • Thepsle
    Thepsle
    Soul Shriven
    I can also confirm the Night's Silence set is no longer granting the set's five items perk of 'Ignore the movement speed penalty of sneak' and it's such a pain! It spoils gameplay, so please fix as soon as possible.
  • Cravencat
    Cravencat
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA Steam: I'm having the same problem with the Night's Silence set.
  • roqueforty
    roqueforty
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno or whoever is a community manager, i can confirm the set doesn't work. Fix it.
  • Daedra_Squirrel
    Yep, the same here, set is no longer granting the set's five items perk of 'Ignore the movement speed penalty of sneak'. PC/NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, we're aware and working on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SimiOC2
    SimiOC2
    ✭✭
    Just to let you know: Shadow Dancer Set has the same problem.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, vampire's Dark Stalker skill has the same problem. I didn't test but I have to assume that the Fleet Phantom star also has it.
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    Had this same problem. Also noticed that the speed boost while sneaking from the Concealed Weapon skill seems to be similarly ineffective.
  • mirakhall_ESO
    mirakhall_ESO
    ✭✭
    i noticed this bug, too! fix it, darnit! i refuse to turn my khajiit nightblade into a vampire; she is a WEREWOLF!! i don't care if i can have a different curse with the armory system, I'M A WEREWOLF!!! RAWR!!!
  • nimotelperion
    nimotelperion
    ✭✭
    Can anyone tell me whether this is meant to have been fixed? It doesn't seem to have been as far as my character is concerned.
  • Noddegamra
    Can anyone tell me whether this is meant to have been fixed? It doesn't seem to have been as far as my character is concerned.

Still not fixed as of today's patch.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noddegamra wrote: »

Still not fixed as of today's patch.

I’m starting to wonder if maybe this is intentional.

The only way to get furnishing plans in Fargrave is by stealing, and this set gets broken at the same time. Why do you make these things if you don’t want us to have them???
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• roqueforty
    roqueforty
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE so... it's been a month, and several patches.

so, what about this?
  • nimotelperion
    nimotelperion
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any chance of getting an update on this? It's been broken for more than 6 weeks and it's actually pretty massively affecting my gameplay. Just an idea of roughly when we can expect it to be fixed would be hugely appreciated.
  • Noddegamra
    Not fixed in today's patch.
  • Mackinsar
    Mackinsar
    ✭✭✭
    And still not fixed.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here I thought I was hallucinating. Looks like I'm not.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Mackinsar
    Mackinsar
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not a hallucination, it’s a nightmare. I can’t believe this is still not fixed.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bug that sidelined my Cyrodiil PvP toon has now been fixed. I really appreciate your efforts regarding this and how quickly you were able to do so. I think it was only a week or two that it was utterly pointless to queue for that activity.

Please fix this bug that has sidelined another thieving character for almost two months.

Again, as I mentioned in another thread, this set is the only reason I plan to use the Armory, so I can dps and do thieving on the same toon. I don’t even do much dps on this toon since I do mostly overland activities.

I have not even been able to make use of that new Armory yet because this set is broken.

I know you guys (ZOS) tend to not comment on fixes until you are ready to do them, from what I have seen. I don’t know whether to assume this is low priority, or if no one there has a clue what might be wrong with it. Both could be bad. It would be nice to know which.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Mackinsar
    Mackinsar
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Seconded. Having a toon that a lot of thought snd work was put into and that was played regularly sidelined for months because one of your programmers made a simple mistake and then leaving us the dark about the fix makes us feel like no one cares.
  • Frogwilliams
    Frogwilliams
    Soul Shriven

8 weeks and counting.
    No fix.
    No update.
    Just left in the dark, moving very slowly.

Can we get something on this please?

• Mackinsar
    Mackinsar
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ This. After eight weeks of both day and night’s silence an acknowledgment and an update would be nice.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mackinsar wrote: »
    ^^ This. After eight weeks of both day and night’s silence an acknowledgment and an update would be nice.
    Scroll up to post #9 . That's your update.

Exactly what else needs to be said other than what she already said?

'ZOS_GinaBruno' can only provide that which is given to her by the DEV TEAM (aka the actual coders) . If it were such an easy fix, Zenimax would've patched it already. But it's the holidays, which means no major Patches until after 2022.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    Mackinsar wrote: »
    Scroll up to post #9 . That's your update.

Exactly what else needs to be said other than what she already said?

'ZOS_GinaBruno' can only provide that which is given to her by the DEV TEAM (aka the actual coders) . If it were such an easy fix, Zenimax would've patched it already. But it's the holidays, which means no major Patches until after 2022.

Yeah. Unless it is fixed and scheduled for the next patch, which would probably be no sooner than the 2nd week of January (vacations, certification, etc) all that can be said is what has already been said.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Mackinsar
    Mackinsar
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn’t the holidays when it was broken.

There have been game updates since then without a fix. What else needs to be said? I’d like to be told one of these:

1. We are actively working on it and expect to have it fixed in the next patch.

2. We are actively working on it but it will not be fixed in the next patch, but it will be fixed in the patch after that or so.

3. We are actively working on it but have no idea when it might be fixed, if ever. Please stop being impatient and instead redesign or abandon your character until further notice. Sorry.

4. We’re not working on it, so please stop being impatient and instead redesign or abandon your character. Sorry.

Redesigning our characters, getting new gear, and golding that gear is not a small undertaking. Do we need to do that? We need to know what we need to do, and IMO ZOS should tell us since they broke this, not us.

• Mackinsar
    Mackinsar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

It’s 2022. Can we please get an update on Night’s Silence? Thank you.
  • nimotelperion
    nimotelperion
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please update us on what the situation is here. Considering it appears that stealth has been entirely nerfed in PvP as well as Night's Silence not working I'm starting to wonder whether this is actually an intentional change on the part of ZoS and the silence surrounding it is simply the waiting for people to get bored and go away. If that is the case, please at least be honest about it so we can start working on redesigning our characters. It would be a shame though, if that were the case, but better to know than this silence.