Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Unlocking skill lines and repeating the quests associated w/ them

architekt
architekt
✭✭
So on a different character I completed all of the dark brotherhood/thieves guild/psijic order/fighters/mages guild quest lines and can on my alt purchase those skill lines from the store. I know that grants me access to all the skills (obviously) but my question is: Does that in any way affect the things that get unlocked via doing the story quests themselves? Like with the thieves guild and fencing stuff. I guess I'm wondering if I can just skip those quest lines I don't want to repeat and just buy the skill lines instead and still get the benefits as if I re-did the quest line, or do I still have to repeat the full quest line to take advantage of any other unlocks they grant (that aren't skill related)? It's been 4 years so I actually don't even recall if you unlock anything besides the skill lines themselves or if there's additional benefits that can only be obtained by progressing the quests that wouldn't get unlocked by just simply purchasing the skill lines in the shop.
Edited by architekt on November 3, 2021 6:36PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The skill line has the passive skills, the Hew's Bane storyline has some extra NPCs that become available.

I haven't tested this specific scenario, but I've bought Psijic and you will definitely have the ability to put points in the entire skill line.

Maybe the 'heist' board isn't unlocked I don't know, but the everything in the skill line will be.
    PC NA
  • architekt
    architekt
    ✭✭
    Ah that's a good point. I'll go check out the heist board and see if it's unlocked and report back.

Edit: Took a while to remember where the heist board even is but I found that on my character that completed the content, obviously it was available. On my character that simply bought the skill line, it wasn't, so to answer my original question: Yes, you would have to do the story lines to unlock such things. Luckily I don't need that on this guy but was just curious.
    Edited by architekt on November 3, 2021 8:08PM