Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Invasion: Let PvPers have something new too!

WorldsGr8stBoss
WorldsGr8stBoss
Soul Shriven
I don't expect this to be a popular opinion among the hardcore PvPers who complain about too much pvdoor. But as for the rest of us...

For a period of ZOS' choosing, please allow a Cyrodiil invasion to occur anytime one alliance has highest pop, owns 50% of the map and 50% of scrolls. Feel free to change these parameters however you like.

This invasion would consist of Elite/World Boss-style armies (4-12 unit AI group) of multiple world bosses that can attack and take over resources and keeps.

Make these elite enemies a big challenge that can't be conquered without a 4-man or 12-man group (provide enemies at both difficulties, pretty pretty please so I have a reason to get my PvE friends as obsessed with Cyro as I am) and have these enemies drop oversized rewards. It can be as simple as 5-10k tel var or something new like a 5 piece collectible, furnishing or mythic item. Do NOT make these just sitting world bosses. Have them roam like the bosses in Deadlands but they should work like an army and be as difficult as Dragons in Elsweyr.

Alliance War is literally the best MMO PvP game I've seen and it has sooo much potential but the last edition we had to PvP was a Battleground years ago. We've had temporary test events, we've had double AP events but no new story, no new concepts of any kind besides sets and builds. Alliance War players want to be in Cyro 24/7 but we are pushed out because there's literally nothing to do during EST day time bc one alliance will always be there to take over the whole map.

Give us a reason to go back to Cyrodiil. Give us something to play when the map is dead. Give us a REAL Daedric invasion!!!!!
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a gimmicky fix. Especially when the obvious fix for cyrodiil to bring the player base back is to lease adequate modern servers that can handle the load and bring popluation caps back up to at least 400/faction.

If they'd just host on modern servers most of the performance issues would be solved, most of the player base would return, and we could get back to enjoying the best PvP created thus far in the industry.
  • WorldsGr8stBoss
    WorldsGr8stBoss
    Soul Shriven
    Especially when the obvious fix for cyrodiil to bring the player base back is to lease adequate modern servers that can handle the load and bring popluation caps back up to at least 400/faction.

I haven't been dropped since they added the threading feature. The performance seems to be 100x better than it was and the the map is still dead. No more running up to keeps only to crash and we still struggle to pop lock at prime time.
    Edited by WorldsGr8stBoss on November 3, 2021 5:28PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How DARE you come onto these forums and suggest something new for PVP! No Sweet Roll for you.

I like the idea btw.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To fix PvP; make it PvE? Sounds legit b
  • WorldsGr8stBoss
    WorldsGr8stBoss
    Soul Shriven
    techyeshic wrote: »

Because the guards at the flags and keeps aren't PvE. Because people aren't already leaving the PvP area because there's nothing to do in Cyro and we have no choice but to go play PvE in a non-PvP zone.

Beacuse when you leave Cyro .. And you go to a PvE area and you think, what can I do now? uuugh I really just want to PvP!!!

Because if I could stay in Cyrodiil and do PvE and then have another PvP Army show up and kill me.... That would be PvP. That would be Open World PvP. And that's what we need.

Cyro has never been pure PvP and it's never going to be.
    Edited by WorldsGr8stBoss on November 3, 2021 5:43PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the same vein, they could buff the NPC keep guards of the low pop faction as an anti-PvDoor measure.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

Because the guards at the flags and keeps aren't PvE. Because people aren't already leaving the PvP area because there's nothing to do in Cyro and we have no choice but to go play PvE in a non-PvP zone.

Beacuse when you leave Cyro .. And you go to a PvE area and you think, what can I do now? uuugh I really just want to PvP!!!

Because if I could stay in Cyrodiil and do PvE and then have another PvP Army show up and kill me.... That would be PvP. That would be Open World PvP. And that's what we need.

Cyro has never been pure PvP and it's never going to be.

Maybe something that doesn't involve giving a mass herd of players something to do so they don't have to leave and can quickly just turn and dog pile when an enemy just happens to show up?

Or do as Xlena suggests to make it sort of aligned as an aid to the under-pop factions should be zero reward for the faction that already has the entire map and buffs.
    Edited by techyeshic on November 3, 2021 6:13PM
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the idea and comments, but unfortunatly, this will not change some pvpers mentality. Rather than accuse ESO to not try and succeed, may be turn over those who make for new players a hell zone, limit of harassment on the new players.

If you expect new players to be immediatly very good, you are wrong, and i know some of long date players who still do not understand how the whole keep/scrolls/ressources works. And so far each time they have asked i only saw immediatly stupid answers limit insult

So, certainly ZOS have works and ideas to put in the PVP, but we have also to help and bring some fun too.

Personally i was invited in a group recently, very well lead, explaing each time where we were going, what was expected. When some of the expectations were above my limit (old gran ma here), i asked the leader if he/she prefered i leave as i was not able to do all the things she wanted, and the answer was : nooo, noo, just have fun! And suddenly i felt a burden removed, and gave even more than i thought i could. And the whole group was great too.
    My most recent characters
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    I agree with the idea and comments, but unfortunatly, this will not change some pvpers mentality. Rather than accuse ESO to not try and succeed, may be turn over those who make for new players a hell zone, limit of harassment on the new players.

If you expect new players to be immediatly very good, you are wrong, and i know some of long date players who still do not understand how the whole keep/scrolls/ressources works. And so far each time they have asked i only saw immediatly stupid answers limit insult

So, certainly ZOS have works and ideas to put in the PVP, but we have also to help and bring some fun too.

Personally i was invited in a group recently, very well lead, explaing each time where we were going, what was expected. When some of the expectations were above my limit (old gran ma here), i asked the leader if he/she prefered i leave as i was not able to do all the things she wanted, and the answer was : nooo, noo, just have fun! And suddenly i felt a burden removed, and gave even more than i thought i could. And the whole group was great too.

There is something to be said here about how the game design is currently making it harder in new players. No CP Cyrodiil should be an obvious stepping stone for those vastly out leveled by others, but right now it has a mysterious "no proc" condition that is not well defined let alone well documented , and new players often don't even know what a "proc" even is.

Rulesets have been convoluted so it makes it even harder to guide new players through the perils of PVP.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember some years ago, i was explained to take the ressources of a keep before attaking it, because it would make it easier to capture.

Also to always repair the keep.

Now, rss are most of the time left aside (some says that attacking rss will give an alert, i can understand the reasoning but then lets attack different rss around the targeted keep, not only the one of the keep ?)

Repairs are most often never done. I can go in some keeps after the battle and gain 5 mails of the worthy just doing the repairs ? Keep not repaired are easy to get down no ?

So today, what is your rules you pvpers ? just go kill and run to another one ? what do i miss to understand ?
    My most recent characters
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't need new PVE in Cyrodiil.

I need the old PVP to work.

And until that happens, your new PVE is bound to make the PVP performance worse.

No thanks.
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭

Make these elite enemies a big challenge that can't be conquered without a 4-man or 12-man group (provide enemies at both difficulties, pretty pretty please so I have a reason to get my PvE friends as obsessed with Cyro as I am) and have these enemies drop oversized rewards. It can be as simple as 5-10k tel var or something new like a 5 piece collectible, furnishing or mythic item. Do NOT make these just sitting world bosses. Have them roam like the bosses in Deadlands but they should work like an army and be as difficult as Dragons in Elsweyr.

Since we're spitballing - There's your solution right there and it's already in the game: Dragons. A dragon descends, and pvp can't resume until it is defeated. I.e. you can't attack other players, only the dragon until it's dead.

You'd have to take a few extra measures to prevent griefers griefing - otherwise people would wait until the dragon was dead and then immediately gank or siege those left, so how about this: you know how in the port areas at Bruma and Cropsford you're unkillable until you jump off the platform? (Or in IC for a time when you go through the doors) When the dragon dies everyone is invulnerable and can't harm others for (IDK - whats a fair amount of time - a minute?) afterward.

You'd also have to make it cost to not kill the dragon so people wouldn't just ignore it, so what if the longer it takes , the more points the factions lose AND the more AP each player in zone loses, and award higher AP the less time it takes etc.

Like I said, if we're just tossing ideas around... 😂
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, thank you. Or at least move it to IC, that has too much PvE already in it for my taste anyways.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. Just fix PvP that alone would make players happy and may even entice old players to come back.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Especially when the obvious fix for cyrodiil to bring the player base back is to lease adequate modern servers that can handle the load and bring popluation caps back up to at least 400/faction.

I haven't been dropped since they added the threading feature. The performance seems to be 100x better than it was and the the map is still dead. No more running up to keeps only to crash and we still struggle to pop lock at prime time.

If I'm in heavy combat I get dropped, on average, about once/hour. I had to turn off hyperthreading because it was overheating my cpu and crashing my PC.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't work. It's impossible to balance a player-centric area with PVE mechanics. The gameplay of cyrodiil is driven by players, not PVE mobs and therefore trying to use PVE mobs to balance player behavior is not really realistic. Especially considering players are 100 times stronger and more advanced than any mob can be.

The only way to make such a thing work is to make them so powerful they're like dlc dungeon boss tier where you need to follow mechanics or get wiped and at that point people will probably hate it because it's too much PVE in PVP. Also, it can also go absurdly wrong in the sense that players can decide to go grief while this raid boss enemy is out on the field, a super mob sounds like a real easy bomb bait, just get on my magblade and bomb them while they're fighting the boss and draw out the NPC length. Not just bombing, I could go and drop a cold fire on your group while you fight the boss. PVE really doesn't work well at all in Cyrodiil, it only works somewhat in IC because it has none of the headache mechanics that cyrodiil has (like siege, volendrung, etc)
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why add pve to cyro? Go to ic if you want to kill bosses for telvar. Just make the game work, improve rewards or incentives, remove cross healing and stop adding obnoxiously overpowered proc sets. Someone said add incentives to guilds claiming keeps and think that could be a interesting idea. Would probably just end up the top few guilds owning the keeps over and over, but would provide an incentive for more people to play in cyro and that is all that really matters to me.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    auz wrote: »
    Why add pve to cyro?
    To give the high pop zerg something to do other than gate camp the low pop factions.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gave us something new: proc sets to completely blanket the map in purple hemorrhoids.
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    This idea brought me some good memories from the start of Aion: Tower of Eternity. They had a NPC faction (Balaur) that would appear certains times and attack castles/resources, balancing things up. Not sure how this could be implemented in Cyrodiil though, nor if people would welcome it.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actual PvP content would be cool!!
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I'd like it, there's a solid 99% that they'll do it wrong. Or going by all other decisions pertaining to cyrodiil a 100% chance that they'll do it wrong.