The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

A return to Cyrodiil 1.0?

NoodleESO
NoodleESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I find it funny how the new sets breaks all of the rules and restrictions Zos put into Cyrodiil over the years. Is there any plan on reverting the play style changes now that they are okay with them on set pieces?

Is there a chance I can spear people off the tops of keeps again? What about gap closing up and off walls? Will ground oils be a thing again?
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would pay $14.99 a month for ESO Classic. ZOS take my money. Cmon, Blizzard did it.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil classic......hmmm.......circa 2015? Interesting thought....
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro classic already exists, go to non-proc, non-cp Ravenwatch. Its close to cyro before the cp system was invented.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Cyro classic already exists, go to non-proc, non-cp Ravenwatch. Its close to cyro before the cp system was invented.

I've played in ravenwatch and prefer it over grayhost....

IT IS NOT classic cyrodil, the population isnt even close, and well, performance....
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NagualV wrote: »

IT IS NOT classic cyrodil, the population isnt even close, and well, performance....

Old school cyrodiil is probably not a good idea, people forget how ridiculous a lot of abilities were early game. Proxy det crits being really powerful no matter how many people were getting hit with it. Being able to leap up into keep. Long loading screens when keeps flipped and seeing 50 people standing still when a keep flips and the first one to get back into game would kill the afks and take the keep. Evasion granting dodge chance and stamina users never being able to get hit because the RNG of evasion was super stupid. Damage shields never allowing health bars to be touched, ever.

I miss the old school days myself, but there was a lot of really broken mechanics and overpowered abilities in the game at the time. It seemed every class and play style had something absurdly broken about it. If you add all those OP abilities back into the game with how the game functions now, it'll only be pandemonium. Because now versus back in like vet 16 days, damage is way way easier to get and damage numbers can be pushed to absurd levels now with an entirely different armor system, tool kit and passives than old ESO had.
    Just imagine encountering an old school sniper with desync back and having higher damage because of the armor system we have now and the old dodge chance from evasion while also cloak spamming.

This game is too far removed from when classic cyrodiil was around, the only way to possibly simulate that would be to revert back 6+ years of content and updates otherwise the current game mechanics combined with old mechanics would actually break PVP. They'd have to make an entirely separate game because most of the game mechanics dont even function remotely the same as how it does now. Like the armor system now is completely unrecognizable now versus old armor system
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on October 24, 2021 12:50AM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

Old school cyrodiil is probably not a good idea, people forget how ridiculous a lot of abilities were early game. Proxy det crits being really powerful no matter how many people were getting hit with it. Being able to leap up into keep. Long loading screens when keeps flipped and seeing 50 people standing still when a keep flips and the first one to get back into game would kill the afks and take the keep. Evasion granting dodge chance and stamina users never being able to get hit because the RNG of evasion was super stupid. Damage shields never allowing health bars to be touched, ever.

I miss the old school days myself, but there was a lot of really broken mechanics and overpowered abilities in the game at the time. It seemed every class and play style had something absurdly broken about it. If you add all those OP abilities back into the game with how the game functions now, it'll only be pandemonium. Because now versus back in like vet 16 days, damage is way way easier to get and damage numbers can be pushed to absurd levels now with an entirely different armor system, tool kit and passives than old ESO had.
    Just imagine encountering an old school sniper with desync back and having higher damage because of the armor system we have now and the old dodge chance from evasion while also cloak spamming.

This game is too far removed from when classic cyrodiil was around, the only way to possibly simulate that would be to revert back 6+ years of content and updates otherwise the current game mechanics combined with old mechanics would actually break PVP. They'd have to make an entirely separate game because most of the game mechanics dont even function remotely the same as how it does now. Like the armor system now is completely unrecognizable now versus old armor system

Totally get it.....but cmon it's a fun idea at least...
  • motemeno
    motemeno

it was still more funny than the actual gameplay :)
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    motemeno wrote: »

it was still more funny than the actual gameplay :)

??? It was awful, and now if you actually try to learn how to counter the most common set (Even DC) and if you don't have any lag (here's the real problem in cyro, but yes sometimes the game is smooth) then the meta is pretty balanced. A lot of people actually hate the no-proc because classes aren't balanced at all, and proc actually help and allow them to be competitive again. THe perfect example of this is BG : No lag, no cp but proc. And BG are well balanced, at least compared to before.
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just delete everything after Graymore and I'll be happy.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Old school cyrodiil is probably not a good idea, people forget how ridiculous a lot of abilities were early game. Proxy det crits being really powerful no matter how many people were getting hit with it.
    That's not old school Cyro, Proxy Det didn't exist yet, neither did Vigor or the entire CP system. There were soft caps on stacking stats that prevented so much degeneracy. Ult gen was dynamic and scaled with the number of opponents you were fighting, siege couldn't be trivially outhealed by stacking, this really limited the power of faction zerging. Some things like perma-block and perma-immovable had to go, but it's a shame they completely changed directions.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps