The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Leyawiin and the Ivory Brigade

RemanCyrodiil_I
RemanCyrodiil_I
✭✭✭✭✭
-
Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:08PM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll admit, the inclusion of parts of Black Marsh in the zone had me a bit worried that we were going to see one of the two potentials for an Imperial focused zone relegated to more of a focus on Argonians, effectively depriving Imperials of a zone. However, having seen the trailer and preview footage/images from the reveal, my confidence is a restored that the Imperials will not once more be relegated to side characters and mustache-twirling villains. (I take the fact that the player's representation in the trailer is "The Imperial", indicating that they may perhaps play the larger role.)

Much remains to be see, but I will be at least pleased if the end result is more Imperial "stuff" than there is Argonian "stuff". At least then it won't feel like the Imperials have been cheated out of a zone.

What we do see of the Imperials looks promising so far. Leyawiin appears to be interesting. The Niben Forest will without a doubt be my favorite biome from the new chapter. And what appears to be the Ivory Brigade's motif is definitely one I'll be looking to farm. It's got a good Imperial flair to it, and a welcome break from the fur-lined thick armors we've seen last year. Alas, it does continue the tradition of hip and crotch flaps.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Overall, this year could be more varied when we have Imperial and Argonian locations (as well as Daedric ones) and learn more about both cultures, which are very different. In Elsweyr, the Khajiit for example really got on my nerves after a year. In Oblivion I actually liked Leyawiin the least of all corners, too musty, too wet. And then this shack that you could buy as a house ... But on the pictures it looks as if this region is now a little more friendy. I imagine it will be a strong contrast to other parts of Blackwood.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing the "two-door" architectural style of Leyawiin ;)
    PC EU
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those new uniforms look really nice. My Imperial Legion character has been holding out for an "Ancestral Imperial" to be added to the antiquities system but perhaps this will be even better. :)
    Edited by adriant1978 on January 27, 2021 3:59PM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing the "two-door" architectural style of Leyawiin ;)

Multiple points of entry is always good. Gotta follow those 2E fire safety codes!
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey lock on the door of that giant Imperial house I can't explore.
    I SEE YOU. :frowning:
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I was initially disappointed by the mysterious absence of Skingrad ...

Skingrad is on another region, it lies east of Kvatch, southwest of the Imperial City. I hope we get that region in this game one day.

• RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -