The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Deadlands & Update 32 now live on PC/Mac/Stadia"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
wmugzcgnrqp4.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the news article, "The Elder Scrolls Online: Deadlands & Update 32 now live on PC/Mac/Stadia"

Experience the cataclysmic conclusion to the Gates of Oblivion adventure in The Elder Scrolls Online: Deadlands and Update 32.
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Combat Music Options
    We’ve added a new Combat Music dropdown in the Settings menu under Audio. You will now be able to decide if you want to hear all combat music, only boss combat music, or no combat music at all..

Awesome change and THANKS , but quick question: Any chance you could also please add an option to turn OFF only the VOICE-acting during QUEST dialog ui screens (but not the ambient overland voices, nor cut-scene voices) ...??

Because, other than the MAIN storyline (prologues) voices, i personally prefer reading quest dialogs, at my own pace, without external voices, since player imagination is typically gonna be better than even the most skilled of paid actors from Zenimax. (no disrespect meant to them of course, but it just becomes very redundant & slow sometimes....and so imo it would just be nice to have the option)
    Edited by NeeScrolls on November 1, 2021 7:07PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback, @NeeScrolls. We can pass this feedback along to the team for future consideration.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback, @NeeScrolls. We can pass this feedback along to the team for future consideration.

Could you please explain this part from the patch notes:

Most bosses in the game, along with reward chests from arenas and incursions, will now preferentially drop set items that have not yet been unlocked in your Item Set Collections.

Does it mean it is not a 100% chance to get the missing item and it is only a increased probability? Will the probability increase after repetitive runs? Or it is not worked as intended now, because we get in the dungeons and in maelstrom arena the weapons we already have from last boss despite the fact the collection is still not full?

@ZOS_Kevin
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Could you please explain this part from the patch notes:

Most bosses in the game, along with reward chests from arenas and incursions, will now preferentially drop set items that have not yet been unlocked in your Item Set Collections.

Does it mean it is not a 100% chance to get the missing item and it is only a increased probability? Will the probability increase after repetitive runs? Or it is not worked as intended now, because we get in the dungeons and in maelstrom arena the weapons we already have from last boss despite the fact the collection is still not full?

@ZOS_Kevin

Also, what, exactly, is an incursion?

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DarcyMardin
    It's a new term that ZoS recently introduced to describe a category of "Dolmen-type" events in various zones. It includes Dolmens in the original base game zones of course, but also Harrowstorms, Dragons, and the Deadlands portals (in Blackwood).

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DarcyMardin
    It's a new term that ZoS recently introduced to describe a category of "Dolmen-type" events in various zones. It includes Dolmens in the original base game zones of course, but also Harrowstorms, Dragons, and the Deadlands portals (in Blackwood).

Thanks! I’ve been here since beta, but I don’t believe I’ve heard that term before.

• alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A question... I noted that when I did the Deadlands incursion the first time, I got the first achievement as expected. But when I did it a second time the same day, I got the second achievement, and my meter went from 1 to 11.

Now I don't dare to do more in fear of it being a bug, and continuing being seen as an exploit. Is it a bug, or is it intended for us who have finished the same achievement in Blackwood? I don''t dare do more now, don't want to get accused of using an exploit. :-(
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat Music Options
    We’ve added a new Combat Music dropdown in the Settings menu under Audio. You will now be able to decide if you want to hear all combat music, only boss combat music, or no combat music at all.

This. This, has been suggested and requested for I can't even remember how long, and not only is it finally a reality, but your Audio team went above and beyond what was asked for. I'm positive those folks have the heartfelt gratitude of hundreds, if not thousands of players who can now enjoy an uninterrupted Soundtrack while adventuring.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!