The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about "Best of the Best"

tripp
tripp
✭✭✭
On previous characters I wasn't really paying attention, but the current one I'm 100%ing Eastmarch on doesn't have the Bow line unlocked, and I want to keep it that way. Unfortunately, that quest involves using a bow to kill stuff. Will that unlock the line or not?
big, green, buff, but surprisingly not the Hulk
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it matter whether accepting the bow and using it in that quest unlocks the Bow skill line or not? Even if it's unlocked, you don't have to spend skill points on it.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • tripp
    tripp
    ✭✭✭
    If it didn't matter I wouldn't have asked. I despise bows and don't want them polluting my skills.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tripp wrote: »
    If it didn't matter I wouldn't have asked. I despise bows and don't want them polluting my skills.
    My apologies for offending you. I was just trying to help.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • tripp
    tripp
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not offended. Haven't been since 2006. I suppose I'll make a test character, bring it to Eastmarch and test the thing.
    Edited by tripp on October 11, 2021 9:06AM
  • summ0004
    summ0004
    ✭✭✭
    tripp wrote: »

Just dont put any points into the bow skills then if you dont want to use it.
  • tripp
    tripp
    ✭✭✭
    5qncgu.jpg
    Kind of forgot about it, but at least I know it's a quest I won't be doing.