The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armory Station Issue

BigDanT
BigDanT
✭✭
MESSAGE.jpg

I am getting this message when I am first starting trying to do my build. Being a Vampire is part of the build I am doing so now I am worried that it will be removed and usable and then I will have to re-infect myself and relevel my vampirism. Could anyone please clear this up for me?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was Farming Build made with a character that was a vampire? If so, then there may be a bug... either in the display that you are seeing (incorrectly saying it will remove it) in the armory system (it will remove it).

We appreciate your sacrifices in this matter. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BigDanT
    BigDanT
    ✭✭
    Okay so it appears the key is to use the R (Save Build) before doing the "Build Setting" option. Doing the Build Setting Option first makes it wonky
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not equip this.

First prepare your alt. Put all weapons and skills. Than save it. Once you will be sure that everything was saved, you can start to create another build. If you ever wanted to get back to this vampire, then simply you can equip the build where vampirism was saved.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi, @BigDanT. Just wanted to add some clarifying info.

When swapping to a build that doesn't have vamp, it will cure it. (i.e. - remove it) However, when you swap back to a build that has it, you will get it back without wiping your progress in the skill line.

Also just to clarify, curing vampirism or werewolf never reset your progress in earlier updates, so no risk there.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont get it or its not working properly for me.
    To have two builds with different skill morphs I need to save current build I use in first slot, then change morphs at shrine and save it in other build slot, right? And if I dont want to have vamp for second build I need to cleanse it with second build equipped, which means if later I will need vamp (for this second build) then I need to get bite and do quest again, right?
    Edited by Pauls on November 1, 2021 5:21PM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    To have two builds with different skill morphs I need to save current build I use in first slot, then change morphs at shrine and save it in other build slot, right? And if I dont want to have vamp for second build I need to cleanse it with second build equipped, which means if later I will need vamp (for this second build) then I need to get bite and do quest again, right?

No, vamp will be added automatically, if it was in your saved build.
  • TheCommentator
    TheCommentator
    ✭✭✭
    Also
    p1x2tjh1qzk0.jpg

After using the armoury station and changing instances people are being prompted to confirm a CP change where they are offered 65000+ CP points
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭

Okay so just to be clear: we make second build then go get curse cleansed, then we save again? Then when we swap back to 1st build, there is curse?
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ummm after trying this, and obviously screwing up as now all my builds are gone and my skills are reset the Outfit stations are broken. It took off my motif styles and when in a outfit station menu the armor styles are grayed out only colors work
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also
    p1x2tjh1qzk0.jpg

After using the armoury station and changing instances people are being prompted to confirm a CP change where they are offered 65000+ CP points

If you can actually assign those extra points that's gonna be an exploit. I would stay away from it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay so just to be clear: we make second build then go get curse cleansed, then we save again? Then when we swap back to 1st build, there is curse?
    That's how it should work, yes. You can save some time and gold by loading the second blank build which will clear all your points and remove the curse, and do everything at the armory station for the second cleansed build.

However you may want to wait a bit if the bug report above is accurate.
  • TheCommentator
    TheCommentator
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    If you can actually assign those extra points that's gonna be an exploit. I would stay away from it.
    Yup, thats why I'm reporting to @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin - I don't want a ban :)
    Edited by TheCommentator on November 1, 2021 5:48PM
  • TheCommentator
    TheCommentator
    ✭✭✭
    Also to just confirm, after changing instances for a second time, I can no longer assign the CPs
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also
    p1x2tjh1qzk0.jpg

:D

That's a nice bug, its just too bad about 65000 of those CP end up being useless.
    love is love
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also
    p1x2tjh1qzk0.jpg

Looks like integer overflow. A variable for cp number is 16 bit and can store only positive numbers, if left unchecked going below zero will go into opposite way to 65 535.
  • MattVH
    MattVH
    ✭✭✭
    This seems very bugged. I'm getting the 60k+ CP bug as well, and after clearing the champion points im now left with 0 CP in two CP trees, and 1 CP in warfare. So my effective CP is now 1.

Restarting the whole game gave me the normal amount back (about 621 in every tree). It wasn't just a visual bug as well.

Edited by MattVH on November 1, 2021 6:52PM
  • DarkHero1989
    DarkHero1989
    ✭✭✭
    I can rename builds but i am having issues accessing anything else while using the armory station. i click on every area. the champion point system (nothing) i try to click on the attributes (nothing) not even my weapon sets, or my equipment. There is nothing in the help section on "how" exactly to create a new build, only a overview, accessing the armory "station" via crown store, using the armory, and eqipping an armory slot, but not HOW to use the Armory Station. For those like me which the system confuses me more than it helps because there is nothing i can access. the only thing i can do, is select a picture for the armory slot, and rename, and save. Nothing else.....
    @Skooma_Lord1989

-Lord Ra'Jhirr,
    Lord of Anequina.Grand Overlord to the Ebonheart Pact, and loyal servant of Alkosh
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also
    p1x2tjh1qzk0.jpg

Holy crap.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • DavGlen
    DavGlen
    ✭✭✭
    So.. either I'm really dumb or this is broken somehow. I have the station, I have the NPC purchased for coins. I can't use the armory system.

https://imgur.com/a/Xrw39Ur

Can't click on anything. Everything is empty. The "Build settings" option only lets me change the name of the build, the icon and nothing else.

How do you use this system???
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DavGlen wrote: »
    So.. either I'm really dumb or this is broken somehow. I have the station, I have the NPC purchased for coins. I can't use the armory system.

https://imgur.com/a/Xrw39Ur

Can't click on anything. Everything is empty. The "Build settings" option only lets me change the name of the build, the icon and nothing else.

How do you use this system???

You don't actually click anything in that window, its displaying what would be there once you saved a build to it. So go with your current setup on Build 1, Save that build and it will put all your current setup there. Then you can load that build anytime you want.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also
    p1x2tjh1qzk0.jpg

That's odd. My armory builds say I have 1342 CP.... not the 2008 I actually have allocated in every build.
  • Mortuus126
    Mortuus126
    ✭✭
    Does anyone actually know how to fix this issue, even only temporarily? I feel like I am under house arrest because I can't leave my house without incurring the 65k CP bug, and I dont wanna play with that *** lest ZOS think I'm exploiting. I can't find any way to get my CP back to normal.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mortuus126 wrote: »
    Does anyone actually know how to fix this issue, even only temporarily? I feel like I am under house arrest because I can't leave my house without incurring the 65k CP bug, and I dont wanna play with that *** lest ZOS think I'm exploiting. I can't find any way to get my CP back to normal.

I was watching Rich's stream and he said log out and log in again fixes it. I can't try it myself as I am on console
    Soupy twist
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also
    p1x2tjh1qzk0.jpg

Same issue here

I just made a second build with a different CP allocation, and as soon as I port somewhere, I end up with the overflow in the blue and red trees.

Relogging is not fixing the issue. I counted my CP and I've got stars from both my builds allocated. The only way to fix it is to go back to my house and reload the build. But then I'm stuck in my house since I can't port anywhere else without getting bugged.

@ZOS_Kevin , is there a way we can fix this without being flagged as 'exploiting' so we can still play the game?
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi, @BigDanT. Just wanted to add some clarifying info.

When swapping to a build that doesn't have vamp, it will cure it. (i.e. - remove it) However, when you swap back to a build that has it, you will get it back without wiping your progress in the skill line.

Also just to clarify, curing vampirism or werewolf never reset your progress in earlier updates, so no risk there.

Out of curiosity, seeing as the armory station doesn't make you pay any costs - are you guys now filtering out respec costs in general over time?

I am just wondering because it seems rather redundant to leave them in even as a gold sink at this point (incidentally, please do not add costs to the armor station :D xD)
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reposting a possible fix from the thread in the Bug Reports forum
    UPDATE: I got mine fixed.

I paid the 3k to redo my CP and then just took everything out and confirmed. I noticed that the blue and red trees had 65535 + 449 CP available (which I should have had). As soon as I hit confirm, the value jumped to the proper 449.

At least I took pictures of my CP before I went in so I could put the proper ones in and then confirmed again. It seems to be holding through porting around now.

EDIT: It's stable. I can port all over and my CP is now correct and stays correct. I assume that resetting it to 0 did reset it properly. I wonder if the armory just adds one build on top of the other without resetting to zero first, and that's why we get both sets of stars... and then why there's an overflow when we have extra stars purchased that is over the CP we have.

I guess I'll avoid switching builds until this is patched. Hopefully this doesn't lead to a mass ban - I did make sure that my CP was stable and what it should be before doing anything else in game.

EDIT2: Also just shut off the game and came back. Still stable. I think it might be fixed on this toon.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on November 3, 2021 2:22AM
  • Mortuus126
    Mortuus126
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Mortuus126 wrote: »

I was watching Rich's stream and he said log out and log in again fixes it. I can't try it myself as I am on console

Well I obviously tried that before posting here. Did it dozens of times even. It does not work.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , do we have an ETA on a fix for this yet?

Since the Armory is free and was decently heavily advertised, a lot of people may be affected by this bug without even knowing they are. That means a lot of people may have more CP assigned than they should.

Will this lead to mass bans for exploiting? If we do the manual fix of paying 3000 to reset our CP, does that mean our characters are safe so we can go back to doing content with them?

I know most fixed end up in the incrementals, but this exploit seems major and widespread enough to warrant an emergency patch. I'd hate to get banned even though I specifically made sure my CP was correct and stable before I did anything else in game.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was a whopping 10 replies in the official Armory station bug reports thread on PTS forums and this was talked about in the first 4 replies on September 21st.

Did anyone at ZOS even read the feedback?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7398072/#Comment_7398072
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on November 3, 2021 8:15PM
    love is love
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , do we have an ETA on a fix for this yet?

Since the Armory is free and was decently heavily advertised, a lot of people may be affected by this bug without even knowing they are. That means a lot of people may have more CP assigned than they should.

Will this lead to mass bans for exploiting? If we do the manual fix of paying 3000 to reset our CP, does that mean our characters are safe so we can go back to doing content with them?

I know most fixed end up in the incrementals, but this exploit seems major and widespread enough to warrant an emergency patch. I'd hate to get banned even though I specifically made sure my CP was correct and stable before I did anything else in game.
    Fix coming tonight:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/590509/