Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most Common Lucrative Craftable set?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I have an attunable blacksmithing station, suggestions on what is the most lucrative/useful set to craft?

Thoughts, please!!!

Tanks,

Z
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None really will outperform selling the raw materials.

Make sets people ask for specifically. Don't expect that you can churn out a ton of readymades and folks will just buy them with your choice of trait and weight.

Some will buy, but gear sets aren't nearly in the demand that raw materials are.

Choose whatever set you personally find useful for alts or giving to new players. Hundings/Magnus/Julianos for example are common.
    Edited by Fennwitty on October 18, 2021 2:39AM
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, if you're in a top trading guild, you may be able to make some gold selling sets with the Training trait for new characters. I'm not totally sure WHY, since those who can afford to pay could also have the skills to do their own crafting, but there seems to be a niche.

I haven't seen people try Ancient Dragonguard as an alternative to Hundings/Julianos, but it would make a certain sense if they did. I'm thinking of using that if I ever level another character.

Seducers/Magnus would also make sense to use when leveling magicka characters, as sustain can be the biggest lack for low-level characters.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not tried this, am in the "farm and sell mats" camp mostly, but if I wanted to do a main crafting gig, start by spamming Adept Rider lvl 20 sets in Alikr for a fixed price. Hang out at the "Goat Head Oasis" wayshrine which is on the dolmen route and you can gather mats and slay goats around the lake while you market... decent mat/node run around that lake btw. Sell them 7 pieces of training with heavy chest and leg, med head and boot and light waist, glove and shoulder. Make sure they have put at least three pieces of each type on beforehand to unlock the heavy and med, which they surely will have done. If they quibble about weight, tell them they will eventually want all armor lines maxed and so best to start now. Do not take special orders unless a significant tip is negotiated prior or the person is high CP, just sell that set. Despite what others claim, this game is full of crappy people who will troll or try to cheat you, beware, but eventually you will build a quality client base.

If this doesn't work, the sets are cheap to make and you will likely farm lots of mats around the lake while testing it out, so you will not lose either way.

But again, crafting in ESO is a labor of love, not nearly as lucrative or hassle free as other methods. Good Luck!
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow @buttaface !

You love the craft, eh?

I guess it is because I have the station and need to choose a set.
    Running around and gather stuff is fun....sometimes more fun than just killing stuff.

I can't run by Rubedite Ore...I just have to stop and pick it up!

And never considered Lvl 20 sets....

Tanks for the tips!

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only crafting station that can be a pain to get to is one in Hew's Bane where its surrounded by enemy mobs and traps, which can be difficult to see at nighttime. Fortunately I rarely see master writs for it, so it's not often a bother when it does come up.
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    The only crafting station that can be a pain to get to is one in Hew's Bane where its surrounded by enemy mobs and traps, which can be difficult to see at nighttime. Fortunately I rarely see master writs for it, so it's not often a bother when it does come up.

You seem to have some experience with master writs, I've only been doing them a few weeks and wondered if you have notice whether any particular sets come up more than others?
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And the ones in IC - Redistributor, Armor Master, etc. If I were going to attune a crafting station those are the ones I'd go for.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

And the ones in IC - Redistributor, Armor Master, etc. If I were going to attune a crafting station those are the ones I'd go for.

It is crazy, never even heard of these sets!!!!!!!

I guess once I choose a station set, that is final....
  • Harry_Toes
    Harry_Toes
    ✭✭

That's the Twice Born Star (9 trait) station. I chose that for my first attunable set. TBH kind of disappointed. ZOS has really nerfed the value of 9 trait sets - none seem to offer the added value that all that 9 trait effort required to achieve.

To OP - some basic sets that never go out of style are those that focus on buffing a stat like Magicka, Stam or Health.

A lot of the other sets get buffed/nerfed more or less continuously with each new update from ZOS. So my advice is pick a stable set that offers primary attribute buffs and you won't go wrong.

Examples:
    • Armor of the Seducer only requires 3 traits, and it's a good vanilla Magicka buff set.
    • Fortified Brass (4 traits) is all about Armor buffing.

Two other sets I often see recommended in build guides are Torug's Pact (3 traits) and Hunding's Rage (6 traits) for their weapon/damage buffs.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I have 19 potent Nirncrux...I can make a Nirnhoned Sword un
    Harry_Toes wrote: »

That's the Twice Born Star (9 trait) station. I chose that for my first attunable set. TBH kind of disappointed. ZOS has really nerfed the value of 9 trait sets - none seem to offer the added value that all that 9 trait effort required to achieve.

To OP - some basic sets that never go out of style are those that focus on buffing a stat like Magicka, Stam or Health.

A lot of the other sets get buffed/nerfed more or less continuously with each new update from ZOS. So my advice is pick a stable set that offers primary attribute buffs and you won't go wrong.

Examples:
    • Armor of the Seducer only requires 3 traits, and it's a good vanilla Magicka buff set.

Two other sets I often see recommended in build guides are Torug's Pact (3 traits) and Hunding's Rage (6 traits) for their weapon/damage buffs.

TBS - always wondered why it requires 9 traits for a less than stellar set. Or is there a specific case where this set would be of use?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »

Examples:

TBS - always wondered why it requires 9 traits for a less than stellar set. Or is there a specific case where this set would be of use?

When it first came out, it was the best set in the game. That was before they nerfed the mundus stone buffs so that they were no longer more powerful than a 5 piece bonus.

It would still be pretty good, if it's 2-, 3- and 4-piece bonuses weren't so generic.
    Edited by tmbrinks on November 16, 2021 3:53PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Zama666 wrote: »

Examples:

When it first came out, it was the best set in the game. That was before they nerfed the mundus stone buffs so that they were no longer more powerful than a 5 piece bonus.

It would still be pretty good, if it's 2-, 3- and 4-piece bonuses weren't so generic.

I love the idea of two mundi - but that requires all 5 pieces. Which as you said is sort of neutered.

Was hoping this patch applying the The Apprentice and The Warrior would double up the bonus with the hybridization - but no such luck. Giving life back to the set...