The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LibDebugLogger interface errors

The_Tarantian
The_Tarantian
✭✭✭
Hello.
So I have installed few mods yesterday (BeamMeUp, AutoCategory, Code's Combat Alerts, Account Setting, Inventory Insight, Combat Metronome) and some of them (I do not recall which one exactly) required LibDebuglogger, so naturally I installed that one too. Right after that I started having numerous interface errors (screenshots below), my inventory wouldn't display when I open it, neither did ESC key bring game menu. I had to alt + F4, then restart and start turning off addons one by one. And LibDebuglogger happened to be the guilty one.

Now, I am really no into all that technical stuff, so can anyone help me understand what the hell is wrong and what to do?
I would simply uninstall libdebuglogger, but some very convenient mods seem to depend on it, which is kind of an issue for me. Plus apparently even some of my old addons (MM for example) require it, which is weird, since I remember running it for months without libdebuglogger.

Anyway, please help your fellow returning veteran if you know how. Many thanks in advance.
Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    And I completely forgot to pin the screenshots, woopsy
    nbjbtd3jg95c.png
    0ovb4ys0ck3h.png
    rk6q9h03uq2i.png
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Non of those errors have to do with LibDebugLogger.

InventoryGridView is out-dated. And may your MM Data is out-dated. Move your MM SavedVars to another location and restart collecting them.
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that worked.
    Many many many thanks, friend, it may be nothing for you, but you likely just saved me from uninstalling the game :D
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LibDebuglogger is only output of logging and collcting loaded addons + error messages.
    There also exists a spciela DebugLogViewer UI addon which is showing you the data LibDbeugLogegr collected, and provides search and filters.
    It's nice as you are able to see which addons actually loaded and if any error message was thrown before chat output was ready it even collects this info. And you are able to easily share the collected data by uplaoding your live/SavedVariables/LibDebugLogger.lua file with the addon developers.

The DebugLogViewer UI even brings the benefit that any addon posting chat messages via the d() function (debug function) will not be shown in normal chat anymore but in the DebugLogViewer UI then. So your chat is kina split into non-debug normal messages and debug messages.

Though the downside is, as a lot of addons use the d() function to write normal chat output, this might somehow make you miss info sometimes.