The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dungeon Boss Engagement

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
There needs to be a mechanic set in place where *for every dungeon, trial, arena* boss, when someone pulls it, it will teleport every other group member into the appropriate area rather than blocking out some group members and having to wipe the group because a newbie ran in and aggroed.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or a speed runner couldn't wait.
    Options
  • Auztinito
    Auztinito
    ✭✭✭
    How about ZOS knee cap players that push extremely high dps that result in players just steamrolling bosses. It would honestly be easier to design and balance the dungeons and trials around mechanics that players actually would need to do.

I’ve been trying Selena’s Web for the past 1-2 hour with “considerate” players that will just result in players preventing me from picking up the quest or actually try to share the quest with me so they can just skip all of the dialogue for me.

Like who actually pays attention to the damn quests, right? /s

Honestly, just hit players with nerf bat would solve the problem of players that rush through.
    Options
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're working on it now. Many dungeons and the Halls of Fabrication trial will have a 'joining encounter in progress' feature added to them with Monday's patch.

Others in the future.
    General

You will now utilize “Joining Encounter in Progress” to travel to a dungeon boss when it is engaged by the group. This will eventually roll out to all existing dungeons, but below is a list of the dungeons that currently have this functionality added:
    Bloodroot Forge
    City of Ash II
    Cradle of Shadows
    Crypt of Hearts II
    Darkshade Caverns II
    Elden Hollow II
    Falkreath Hold
    Fang Lair
    Imperial City Prison
    March of Sacrifices
    Moon Hunter Keep
    Ruins of Mazzatun
    Scalecaller Peak
    Spindleclutch II
    Wayrest Sewers II
    White-Gold Tower
    Edited by Fennwitty on October 29, 2021 6:31PM
    PC NA
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with that is that the speed runner controls the play completely. Once he engages a boss everyone else is pulled to the fight. No more looting or questing, just rush and fight. Three people can be going along at a decent speed, enjoying the experience and bam, they're at the last boss and the sole speed runner has his xp and crystals and activity over.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how that works out. Here's hoping for the best! (fingers crossed)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    The problem with that is that the speed runner controls the play completely. Once he engages a boss everyone else is pulled to the fight. No more looting or questing, just rush and fight. Three people can be going along at a decent speed, enjoying the experience and bam, they're at the last boss and the sole speed runner has his xp and crystals and activity over.

Yes I share your concern.
    PC NA
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »

Agreed; the only time this is a good idea is when party members are locked out.
    Options