Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

From this morning's PTS Patch Notes

doesurmindglow
doesurmindglow
✭✭✭✭✭
The issue many Mac users have been experiencing is specifically called out for a fix:
Screen_Shot_2021-10-04_at_11.38.32_AM.png

This is the first time I've seen the "Mac game client" specifically named in the patch notes. I plan to test this out on PTS, and encourage other Mac users will do the same. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    That looks promising. The live patch a couple of weeks ago also fixed some crashes, and though not Mac specific, it has seemingly reduced the crash frequency by quite a lot for me. Hoping the PTS fixes completely eliminate them.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed a significant reduction in crashing from the last live patch also. I've been running the game client outside of CrossOver and am finding a level of stability I haven't seen in months, finally.

I also have yet to crash while porting on PTS. I'm going to test out a few of the particularly notorious areas, but so far I think they may be getting close to a fix. My sub was about to run out and I had planned on letting it go as the game was no longer stable on my system. But the potential for a real fix may make me reconsider, provided these results hold.
  • Alvalanna
    Alvalanna
    A month ago I bought an M1 iMac, running macOS Big Sur, with 16GB memory. When I tried to play ESO on it, the game crashed every time I tried to port. This happened within a zone or between zones. It also crashed when I would try to log on one specific toon. Oddly, my other toons all logged on with no problems. I gave up trying to get things to work and went back to playing ESO on my 2016 Intel iMac.

After reading this thread, I logged into PTS on my M1 iMac and tested porting. I spent about a half hour porting within zones, between zones, into Cyrodiil and back, and into housing and back. I never crashed once. The game played very smoothly. Porting within a zone was almost instantaneous.

I could not test logging on that one problem toon as it is on NA. PTS currently is set for EU.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but it looks promising that ESO will run well on M1 Macs once Update 32 goes live. Has anyone else tested porting on PTS?
  • Squatch4x4
    When does Update 32 go live?
  • Alvalanna
    Alvalanna
    Update 32 goes live on Monday, November 1st.

Evidently they had problems on PC NA last night. People were unable to port out of zones (just like we have had on Macs). They fixed that so I wondered if they also fixed it for M1 Macs. I just tried porting all over on the live server on PC NA on my M1 iMac. It worked perfectly with no crashes. There is hope!!!
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    The issue many Mac users have been experiencing is specifically called out for a fix:
    Screen_Shot_2021-10-04_at_11.38.32_AM.png

This is the first time I've seen the "Mac game client" specifically named in the patch notes. I plan to test this out on PTS, and encourage other Mac users will do the same. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Are you telling me they actually did something? Be honest now, did you photoshop the image?!
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in the actual patch notes.

I also personally haven't experienced the crashes since the last incremental patch; and despite testing out many of the worst offending areas on PTS, I cannot find any that trigger the crash again.

The only area I haven't tested that was pretty notorious was entering and exiting battlegrounds from queue. That'll have to wait for the live server to test, probably. But yes, giving credit where it's due: ZOS appears to have prioritized and ultimately addressed this issue with a fix that is proving to be effective, at least for me.
  • Squatch4x4
    Tried the patch on my Mac client this morning and seems to be working pretty well!

Although, fullscreen on my MBP display is maxed out at 900p? I haven't played the Mac client in a while, but is this new? I thought before I could at least run at 1080p.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squatch4x4 wrote: »
    Although, fullscreen on my MBP display is maxed out at 900p? I haven't played the Mac client in a while, but is this new? I thought before I could at least run at 1080p.

I can get 4k on a 4k monitor with my 13'' MacbookPro (and with eGPU)