The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't finish the Blacksmith Writ...missing a trait

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

This Writ:

Craft a Rubedite Sword with the following Properties:

* Quality Epic
* Trait: Precise
* Set: Nocturnal's Favor
* Style: Aldmeri Dominion
* Progress 0/1

But am getting a warning that I can't make the sword because it says.
I got the Aldmeri Domion style

Research 1 more trait to unlock this.

I can make a Maul (precise) in Nocturnal's favor and , but not a sword.
I have 9 traits researched (I can make TBS)

Do I need to have sword, precise, Aldmeri Dominion sword deconstructed?

What have I missed?

Tanks,

Z
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the issue is traits, they have to be researched for each weapon and piece of armor to use and to have enough traits to craft a piece. Each set requires knowing so many traits for any item we want to craft.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Hello,

This Writ:

* Quality Epic
    * Progress 0/1

What have I missed?

Tanks,

Z

Yes, you need Precise in Sword researched. Style is solely based on how many motifs you know.
    Each individual item must be researched to 9 traits to be actual "master crafter".
    I just noticed you said "deconstructed". Deconstructing an item does not give trait research. :)
    FYI, I started at launch and it took 1yr 5mo to research ALL to 9 traits.. LOL!
    Hope this helps! Happy Crafting!
    Huzzah!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on October 27, 2021 7:56PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @wenchmore420b14_ESO @Amottica

Tank you....the hunt begins!

I so thought I was done with this...

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck. I do recommend researching every trait for every piece of gear. Eventually, you will have it completed and not run into this issue again.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May your sword stay sharp and may your arrows fly true!
    Good luck!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I have to run around, killing and hoping for a sword drop with the precise trait?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can buy it from guild traders w/ that trait.

Can ask in your guilds if anybody can make it.

Can ask in the major crafting areas (Alinor/Vivec/Deshaan/Etc) if anybody can make it... most will make it for free just for research
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    can buy it from guild traders w/ that trait.

Can ask in your guilds if anybody can make it.

Can ask in the major crafting areas (Alinor/Vivec/Deshaan/Etc) if anybody can make it... most will make it for free just for research

Yeah, guess that will have to do.

I love finding stuff and researching it...but the chance of that drop is going to be way too rare. Thought my grinding day swere over....

Former Empress - Nice!
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

This Writ:

* Quality Epic
    * Progress 0/1

What have I missed?

Tanks,

Z

Yes, you need Precise in Sword researched. Style is solely based on how many motifs you know.
    Each individual item must be researched to 9 traits to be actual "master crafter".
    I just noticed you said "deconstructed". Deconstructing an item does not give trait research. :)
    FYI, I started at launch and it took 1yr 5mo to research ALL to 9 traits.. LOL!
    Hope this helps! Happy Crafting!
    Huzzah!

Hmmm...I bought sword with the precise trait from a guild store, but it was part of a set...went to research - no option to research it popped up.

Does it have to be a non set precise sword? Does it have to be Epic quality?

Tanks,

Z
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, any item can be researched of any quality, unless you already know the trait, but don't know enough total traits on the sword
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I do not have the sword Ninhoned trait.
    Ok, I have 19 potent Nirncrux...I can make a Nirnhoned Sword unless I find such a weapon and research it, right?
    What are the chances of it dropping...slim to none???
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I have 19 potent Nirncrux...I can make a Nirnhoned Sword unless I find such a weapon and research it, right?

Nirnhoned only drops once as quest reward from final Craglorn story, and rarely from random Trial and Arena bosses. Generally, everyone trades/buys nirnhoned for research.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭

You can buy weapons with the nirnhoned trait on guild traders. It will be expensive, though, because the potent nirn traitstone is a rare drop and expensive. Or, if you have a potent nirncrux traitstone, you can ask someone to make a research piece with it for you. If you're on either PC/NA or PC/EU I could do it if you contact me ingame. @StytchFingal.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned has no “chance to drop”. It drops once, guaranteed, for a character who completes a certain quest line. Hence trading is the only way to get pieces, whether from guild traders, or on request from friends.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Nirnhoned has no “chance to drop”. It drops once, guaranteed, for a character who completes a certain quest line. Hence trading is the only way to get pieces, whether from guild traders, or on request from friends.

While true of overland drops, nirnhoned weapons and gear can certainly be gotten from the weekly leaderboard rewards for the trials and arenas, and can also drop directly in the newer trials (I believe from Sunspire and beyond, but perhaps Asylum as well)
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    I'm done with sword, greatsword, bow, and shield. So much more left lol.