The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Untamed Aggression Slottable

Mr_Vahlok
Mr_Vahlok
Hello everyone, so I noticed through watching some dps setup videos and websites nobody really uses Untamed Aggression? Why is that is it not as powerful as say Thaumaturge? The 150 weapon/spell damage looks better then say 10% damage over time on paper. Am I missing something here? Can someone please explain thank you.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    150 weapon/spell damage is roughly 3% damage increase after major buffs.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flat numbers are not as powerful as a % boost mathematically, unless the value being boosted by a % is incredibly low. This is why the flat number CP 2.0 star that gave me regeneration ended up better than CP 1.0's % based boosts on my build. However when it comes to spell/weapon damage most builds have so much of it that boosting the % of damage done on an ability ends up better for it than any gains acquired from getting more spell/weapon damage. Why buffs like Berserk and Force are so good, as well as scoring critical hits over building just raw stats.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Mr_Vahlok
    Mr_Vahlok
    Ok I see now. So it seems to be better to go for the ones that buff by percentage because if the DOT is strong itll only get stronger compared to raw stats then. I think I get it.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your weapon power? 4-5k? If you add to this 150 points, what will be the increase?

On the other hand take this 4-5k, add 3k from magicka or stamina, you have 7-8k, and now add to this 10% ;)

The only situation where this CP star could be a good choice as a suplement for others, would be if you make your build around proc sets.
    Edited by Ippokrates on October 22, 2021 6:21PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add this though, if you're making a PvP build the star is pretty useful since it's boosting both the damage and healing of your abilities instead of only damage or only healing.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Vahlok wrote: »
    Hello everyone, so I noticed through watching some dps setup videos and websites nobody really uses Untamed Aggression? Why is that is it not as powerful as say Thaumaturge? The 150 weapon/spell damage looks better then say 10% damage over time on paper. Am I missing something here? Can someone please explain thank you.

I use untamed aggression on my PvP stam character. Having over 4000 weapon dmg unbuffed on a PvP stam toon is good.