The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Psijic Skill Imbue Weapon (And its morphs)...

milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey, folks!

I was wondering if any of you used the spammable from the Psijic Order skill line in your BG and dueling builds. I enjoy the skill from both an RP (I'm a Psijic fan from way back) and a gameply perspective. I find it rather easy to use out in the open world, but I haven't tried it in PvP yet.

I do have a couple of concerns, though. It tends to be a little buggy, and desyncs quite often. Every few times I use it, it activates, but doesn't go off.

Those issues aside, I'd love to hear how you guys are using it in your small-scale PvP builds. I like that it operates on a different set of fundamentals from most other spammables.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas!
  • GypsyKing22
    GypsyKing22
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like the 2 seconds linger on it is a bit low in hectic BG games, not to mention that its going to hit with a 1 sec delay, with your next light attack. In pvp you often have to react to what your opponent is doing as fast as possible so thats a huge negative.

I used crystal weapon for a while (the sorc equivalent) and even there i felt like a real spammable would be better in 90% of situations. (in settings up burst combos crystal weapon is awesome, but sadly the psijic equivalent is a bit weaker due to that short 2 sec linger)

For example in games where i have it in my death recap, its usually nightblade gankers who used it, and it's been a while since I saw it in my death recap...
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the 2 seconds linger on it is a bit low in hectic BG games, not to mention that its going to hit with a 1 sec delay, with your next light attack. In pvp you often have to react to what your opponent is doing as fast as possible so thats a huge negative.

I used crystal weapon for a while (the sorc equivalent) and even there i felt like a real spammable would be better in 90% of situations. (in settings up burst combos crystal weapon is awesome, but sadly the psijic equivalent is a bit weaker due to that short 2 sec linger)

For example in games where i have it in my death recap, its usually nightblade gankers who used it, and it's been a while since I saw it in my death recap...
    That makes sense.

On my Magicka Templar I've noticed it is VERY clunky when trying to work it into my Light Attack ---> Puncturing Sweep combo. Like you, I feel like going straight class spammable just works better.

However, I DO like to pop Elemental Weapon just before I close the gap with my Toppling Charge. For some reason, it feels VERY smooth there.

Great answer. Keep 'em coming!
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree the 2 second timer is too short. Wish they would bump it up to 4 seconds like crystal weapon but not allow it to stack with other bonus tied to light attack. Also tried it on in PVP and it works on ranged characters but not so much on melee.

Stay safe and happy hunting :)
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Agree the 2 second timer is too short. Wish they would bump it up to 4 seconds like crystal weapon but not allow it to stack with other bonus tied to light attack. Also tried it on in PVP and it works on ranged characters but not so much on melee.

Stay safe and happy hunting :)
    I like that idea.

And I agree with the ranged/melee split. My MagPlar is melee, and it's very clumsy when you're trying to mix it up in melee range. Works a bit more smoothly from a distance, though.

Another thing I'm wondering is about the Spell Orb passive, the one where you build up a charge each time you use a Psijic skill in combat, then at five charges it fires off. Is it just me, or is this one next to useless for both PvP AND PvE?

Part of me thinks they should scrap the damage on this and make 5 charges give you a long-running buff of some sort, since it takes so long to build the charges, relatively speaking. Maybe one of the less common minor buffs that's hard to get anywhere else?

I dunno. Just spitballing on that one.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not a fan of imbued weapon because it is a very unrewarding clunky skill that translates to:

'Cast 1 skill that does nothing unless you quickly cast another attack (that may be impacted by lag or need to do other actions) if it works you get a bigger number.'

longer cooldown seems like a nice idea, it makes it more meaningful rather than just part of a spam rotation.
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not a fan of imbued weapon because it is a very unrewarding clunky skill that translates to:

'Cast 1 skill that does nothing unless you quickly cast another attack (that may be impacted by lag or need to do other actions) if it works you get a bigger number.'

longer cooldown seems like a nice idea, it makes it more meaningful rather than just part of a spam rotation.
    I hear you completely.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm playing a melee Magicka Templar, and I've noticed something that's pleasantly surprising. The animation for Puncturing Strikes seems to mesh VERY well with Imbue Weapon. On the last jab (the one where the spear animation goes over the top), I hit my Imbue Weapon key, and it seems to queue up without issue. It's VERY smooth, and I've been working it into my rotations seamlessly.

I have no idea if there are similar circumstances with any other spammable in the game, but I was delighted to find this one.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My latest Mag Sorc BG damage build uses Crystal Frags. No Crushing Shock or Elemental Weapon.

Crystal Frags does
    • more damage
    • easier to utilize proc
    • saves a skill slot
    • gives Minor Prophecy to group
    • heals you w/ Blood Magic passive every cast
    The only downside is the cast time leaves you open to spell interruption and makes it difficult to chase players around pillars.
    PC NA
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    My latest Mag Sorc BG damage build uses Crystal Frags. No Crushing Shock or Elemental Weapon.

Crystal Frags does
    • more damage
    • easier to utilize proc
    • saves a skill slot
    • gives Minor Prophecy to group
    • heals you w/ Blood Magic passive every cast
    The only downside is the cast time leaves you open to spell interruption and makes it difficult to chase players around pillars.

how often are you interrupted?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how often are you interrupted?
    If another Mag Sorc spams Crushing Shock then it can be quite frequently. But I don't see that too often.

It's mostly a non-issue for battlegrounds. For duels I wouldn't use Crystal Frags as a primary.

Regarding Elemental Weapon, I'm not a huge fan. The status effects are nice but I'd rather use Elemental Susceptibility.
    PC NA
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imbue Weapon claims to be instant cast on its tooltip, but I feel like it technically has a good second or two delay to get your hands charged up, making it clunky.

While that wouldn't be so big of a deal in PvE, I don't think it translates well to a PvP setting. I so wish they'd get rid of that second charge up delay.