The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZO_VoiceChat_Manager UI error repeatedly showing

kaladinstormblessed
kaladinstormblessed
Soul Shriven
On both Microsoft's Xbox cloud gaming service to play ESO and also on my home Xbox One S (two different accounts, one for my wife and then mine) and we both get this same error (so happens on Xbox cloud which we have no access to clear saved data as well as it happens on our own Xbox). It comes up literally constantly and the troll checkbox to hide the error is unable to be selected so we are spamming A to make the error go away but it constantly comes back up. I have cleared saved data and restarted our Xbox to no avail it continued happening. I am also skeptical there is anything we can do to fix this since it happens on the Xbox cloud service too. If there are any ports I should try opening that would be beneficial to know. I opened a ticket yesterday but have received no response yet. Any suggestions or advising if this is a known bug expected to be resolved soon would be appreciated. My wife and I who both started playing ESO and subscribed to ESO Plus and bought the Blackwood CE DLC are incredibly close to getting too fed up with this error being a constant nuisance every time we play and will be quitting the game and ending our subscription if not resolved for us soon as it is practically unplayable in this state.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 19, 2021 11:25PM
  • kaladinstormblessed
    kaladinstormblessed
    Soul Shriven
    Forgot to add the screenshot of the error:
    toxpxzv8e9im.png
  • JustRoxxy
    JustRoxxy
    On both Microsoft's Xbox cloud gaming service to play ESO and also on my home Xbox One S (two different accounts, one for my wife and then mine) and we both get this same error (so happens on Xbox cloud which we have no access to clear saved data as well as it happens on our own Xbox). It comes up literally constantly and the troll checkbox to hide the error is unable to be selected so we are spamming A to make the error go away but it constantly comes back up. I have cleared saved data and restarted our Xbox to no avail it continued happening. I am also skeptical there is anything we can do to fix this since it happens on the Xbox cloud service too. If there are any ports I should try opening that would be beneficial to know. I opened a ticket yesterday but have received no response yet. Any suggestions or advising if this is a known bug expected to be resolved soon would be appreciated. My wife and I who both started playing ESO and subscribed to ESO Plus and bought the Blackwood CE DLC are incredibly close to getting too fed up with this error being a constant nuisance every time we play and will be quitting the game and ending our subscription if not resolved for us soon as it is practically unplayable in this state.

Hello Kaladinstormblessed. I also have this exact same problem! Started yesterday 26th October 2021 for absolutely no reason and NEITHER HAVE I HAD A RESPONSE YET!

Since we're paying for this game and this service, it is beyond frustrating that I can not play my game because this [snip] keeps invading my screen and it is doubly provokingly incensing that XBOX TECH SUPPORT is ignoring our tickets and bug reports BECAUSE WE PAY TO PLAY!

I also submitted a Bug Report last night through my Xbox console and when I checked it this morning, FOUND THAT IT HAD BEEN CLOSED WITHOUT RESPONSE OR COMMENT FROM ZENIMAX OR ELDER SCROLLS!

WE ARE PAYING ALOT OF MONEY TO ACCESS AND PLAY ELDER SCROLLS undisturbed and so it is fair to ask that you solve this UI ERROR IN THE VOICE CHAT MANAGER ASAP ELDER SCROLLS TEAM AND AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE OUR COMMUNICATIONS WITH YOU LIKE ANY MULTI MILLION DOLLAR INTERNATIONAL COMPANY! CORRECT?

OTHERWISE DONT EXPECT US TO PAY TO PLAY WHILE WE CAN NOT PLAY BECAUSE THIS CORRUPTED CODE IS VIRUSING OUR CONSOLES AND GAMES!

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 26, 2022 11:10AM
  • JustRoxxy
    JustRoxxy
    g8dj3w4pbwot.png
    p6p77fam60mv.png
    i16q83dgq7mv.png
  • JustRoxxy
    JustRoxxy
    What the hell is going on Zenimax? Xbox Tech Support? >:)

Ive just been to my profile and seen this attached screenshot

pestuhmilcp4.png

That says that you have answered this problem WHEN YOU HAVENT MADE ANY CONTACT WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:)

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ?????????? >:)
  • JustRoxxy
    JustRoxxy
    Dear Xbox Tech Support Team,

I'd like to apologise for being such an impatient ass and saying the bad things I said. Like hangry can I say Im gamgry?

I seriously dont react well when I cant play my ESO because of progamming issues.

Sorry Tech Support Team

Really hope you solve this soon.

I have another character playing and the error message keeps hindering play. Seriously bad for business. Yours and ours.

Could any players who are also experiencing this let Zenimax know that you are?
  • Silufadumar
    Silufadumar
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, I had the same problem.

After trying other things, including a fresh install, I plugged a headset into my controller and chose a voice channel (officer channel of one of my guilds) and the issue stopped.

Hope this helps.
  • benholt06
    benholt06
    For Xbox users,

1. Go to My Games and Apps
    2. Select the ESO icon
    3. Hit start and choose Manage Game and Add-Ons
    4. Go to Save Data
    5. Choose your screen name, and make sure to delete all data from the console AND the cloud, it won't affect your save game.

This worked for me. I tried to delete only from the console several times afraid that I'd lose everything. I didn't. It'll make you reset your visual settings but your characters will be fine.