The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[THREAD COMPLETED] why does no one bring up the fact that meatbags are overpowered

Myux
Myux
✭✭✭
theyre a death sentence for anyone under any form of pressure. id rather be hit by a coldfire ballista than a meatbag when im 1vXing. every other siege weapon in the game pales in comparison to it. those antiquity sieges still arent anything compared to it. it prevents you from entering an area for at least 7 years while it lingers and when spammed has 100% uptime even with just one catapult, preventing anyone from going in there without dying instantly unless no one attacks them. if theres at least 2 or 3 they alone stop unorganized sieges from moving into a keep, making a fight at an opening last forever causing the whole server to lag for the entire duration of the resulting stalemate. they either kill people instantly or stop combat from occuring. is everyone ok with this garbage?
Edited by Myux on October 26, 2021 1:07AM
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negate meatbags when they land, then push in. Use major evasion if you are stam, use vigor and roll dodge thru it. Magicka use shields and hots and roll thru/major expedition or snb ult or any other defensive ult if u need to. Organized groups, negate if 3 or more meatbags in 1 spot, barrier before push otherwise.

Only problem i have ever had with meatbags is if i literally cant move due to lag or i mess up badly. Its all about adapting to the situation and trying things out.

For huge faction stack zerg, just siege a wall. No need to limit yourselves to only the maingate. The walls are destructible for a reason.
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    Negate meatbags when they land, then push in. Use major evasion if you are stam, use vigor and roll dodge thru it. Magicka use shields and hots and roll thru/major expedition or snb ult or any other defensive ult if u need to. Organized groups, negate if 3 or more meatbags in 1 spot, barrier before push otherwise.

Only problem i have ever had with meatbags is if i literally cant move due to lag or i mess up badly. Its all about adapting to the situation and trying things out.

For huge faction stack zerg, just siege a wall. No need to limit yourselves to only the maingate. The walls are destructible for a reason.

thank you for trying to help me, but nothing you said would work in my playstyle.

"negate meatbags" not a sorc
    "evasion vigor and rollspam" not a stam, vigor does nothing when meatbagged, roll spam is a death sentence when fighting even 2 or more people
    "use shields hots and roll" shields are useless on all mags except sorcs currently. no good mag player is running them right now. hots do nothing when meatbagged. rolling wantonly is still a death sentence when being attacked by 2 or more people
    "defensive ult" resto ult does nothing due to the meatbags debuff
    "organized groups" i dont play in groups

it just counters too much for the 0 cost and effort that it takes to fire one. if every other siege weapon is the standard for balance, meatbags are overpowered.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps because like every other form of keep defense they're ultimately overwhelmed by numbers, and how anti-personnel siege affects solo players just isn't on most people's radars?

Kiting your subjects out of their range is the only means to overcome them solo, that's not fair? You can't expect to sit near a keep and 1vX for long.

Agreed they're a cut above most the other weapons, but I die way more often to Coldfire and Lancers, solo or grouped.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea let's nerf the last legitimate way to counter this game's disgustingly overtuned PvP healing.

Patch 7.2.5 notes: Fixed an issue where players could die in PvP.

Edit: sorry if this seemed combative, I just really love my meatbags!
    Edited by xylena_lazarow on October 26, 2021 1:12AM
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myux wrote: »
    Daffen wrote: »

thank you for trying to help me, but nothing you said would work in my playstyle.

"negate meatbags" not a sorc
    "evasion vigor and rollspam" not a stam, vigor does nothing when meatbagged, roll spam is a death sentence when fighting even 2 or more people
    "use shields hots and roll" shields are useless on all mags except sorcs currently. no good mag player is running them right now. hots do nothing when meatbagged. rolling wantonly is still a death sentence when being attacked by 2 or more people
    "defensive ult" resto ult does nothing due to the meatbags debuff
    "organized groups" i dont play in groups

it just counters too much for the 0 cost and effort that it takes to fire one. if every other siege weapon is the standard for balance, meatbags are overpowered.

Rolling is best defense in eso, also forgot to mention cc immunity pots are very helpful if available. Rolling negates almost all but meatbag damage and if you spam jump (with mousewheel or time correctly) you can keep momentum while blocking mid air. Then los to safety and recast hots/buffs. At most you will recieve 2-3 ticks of the meatbag which does around 10k damage. 1/3rd health of a normal build.

The defensive ults/hots/shields are used to negate that damage as much as possible. Snb ult definately the best ult if you are getting attacked by other players. Doesnt matter if your resto ult heals for 2k each tick instead of 5k, its there to keep you alive long enough to get rid of the debuff and los. I havent played in a month but i usually only played stamdk and magblade and never had problem with meatbags.

I can imagine meatbags becoming a problem as a magdk but if you use snb ult + race against time and sprint to los while using coag when needed you should survive.

Magplars can cleanse the debuff as soon as they are out often using mist form as well to los.

Magsorcs just streak over and use shields and streak away.

Magnecro i havent played but i assume high healing, tankiness and resto/snb ult takes care of things.

Magblade i use major evasion skill, dark cloak, resto ult ready (not using), rapid regen and run/roll thru meatbags. If things get dicy i pop resto ult and survive.

Magden can also have problems with the recent arctic blast nerf and ive never properly played one so cant give any specific tips other than what has allready been mentioned.

Also there is no standard in the siege weapons, everything is random. You can block all siege direct damage hits + dots except for meatbags, scattershots and lancers for some reasin. Even tho dots are supposed to be unblockable.

Also worth noting to prepare yourself up to the left/right of the maingate so the enemies cant see you before you make a break for it. Often best to time it right as the meatbag aoe disappears as you will avoid 1 damage tick.
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    Yea let's nerf the last legitimate way to counter this game's disgustingly overtuned PvP healing.

Patch 7.2.5 notes: Fixed an issue where players could die in PvP.

hi xy! healing sure dont feel overtuned when i have 5 heal skills slotted and still cant survive more than 3 bad players attacking me. i supposed thats just a magblade issue though
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭

ok i give up, the only reason i made this thread is because i like playing on my memetank more than actually 1vxing nowadays and the only thing that kills me when less than 15 people are attacking me is meatbags LOL. thread completed gj everyone
    Edited by Myux on October 26, 2021 12:58AM
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭

ok i give up, the only reason i made this thread is because i like playing on my memetank more than actually 1vxing nowadays and the only thing that kills me when less than 15 people are attacking me is meatbags LOL. thread completed gj everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag9ixBLTVmI

excuse to post my beloved son
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hi xy! healing sure dont feel overtuned when i have 5 heal skills slotted and still cant survive more than 3 bad players attacking me. i supposed thats just a magblade issue though
    Hi Myux, hopefully the magblade healing buffs on PTS will help a little. In terms of large scale combat, other sieges are usually outhealed by groups, even coldfire. Meatbags are one of the few things left that give an outnumbered solo/pug force a fighting chance against a larger solo/pug group spamming heals.
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Myux, hopefully the magblade healing buffs on PTS will help a little. In terms of large scale combat, other sieges are usually outhealed by groups, even coldfire. Meatbags are one of the few things left that give an outnumbered solo/pug force a fighting chance against a larger solo/pug group spamming heals.

ye i guess thats true. i just never think about that kinda stuff cause im always too focused on solo play where i have to have a lot of forethought into even using a siege weapon. i should probably do that more often tho, its pretty easy to slap one down in a tower to actually be able to kill anything. because thats not something magblade can really do lol
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ye i guess thats true. i just never think about that kinda stuff cause im always too focused on solo play where i have to have a lot of forethought into even using a siege weapon. i should probably do that more often tho, its pretty easy to slap one down in a tower to actually be able to kill anything. because thats not something magblade can really do lol
    Meatbags are my primary anti-zerg weapon as a solo player. I get a lot of decent PvP with the guys that all run over to try to burn my siege or gank me. I'll have to cloak/streak away if too many rush me, so it's a good thing they're cheap too.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And this is exactly why meatbags are needed. For tanks that like to troll 15 people. I throw one down every time I see this and gleefully watch said tank begin to melt.
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

And this is exactly why meatbags are needed. For tanks that like to troll 15 people. I throw one down every time I see this and gleefully watch said tank begin to melt.

we literally dont do anything. you can walk away.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

we literally dont do anything. you can walk away.

Are you kidding? No matter how much we tell pugs in zone to walk away, they won't. So the easiest solution is to meatbag you. But jokes aside, there are a couple of tanks that siege keeps from towers and rocks which keep the castles flagged. There are also tanks that burn siege. So no, you may not do anything. But some do. If I had my way, I would make it harder to tank in pvp. But I'm not about to go around complaining about playstyle. As long as meatbags exist, there is a counter of sorts. Light attacks also work well to drain stamina, but tell that to a bunch of pugs, and they just don't get it.