The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flashing cinematics since last patch

AzuraFan
AzuraFan
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the last patch, I can't see any cinematics. The screen flashes (in different colours as the cinematic progresses) and that's it. I do see the subtitles. The same thing happens when I start the game. I see a flashing screen instead of the rotating cube that leads to the Bethesda logo. When the Havok logo appears, everything works okay after that.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this as well. Just finished the tutorial and after I was done, I got some colors flashing on my screen with audio. Was confused for a moment until I realized it's actually a broken cinematic.
  • neuroticsilence
    neuroticsilence
    Soul Shriven
    I too have this issue, but the opening videos run just fine. I took a character to Skyrim after the tutorial and got flashing colors rather than the cinematic, and a different character couldn't view the main story cinematic. The sound and subtitles function as intended.
  • neuroticsilence
    neuroticsilence
    Soul Shriven
    Scratch that- I just noticed the bethesda logo and rotating cube are also not visible (I don't usually pay attention when opening the game). ZOS: Anything? My computer is up to date and has the latest drivers, ESO is the only game having issues.

Windows 10
    Nvidia 3060
    Intel i5
  • neuroticsilence
    neuroticsilence
    Soul Shriven
    Turned off multithreaded rendering and restarted- opening videos run again. Haven't tested a main cinematic yet. Seems like a bug there and a good reason the setting is still in beta. I guess I'll wait to play with it until the kinks have been worked out.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks for reporting that. I have the multithreaded rendering on, but it doesn't make much of a difference for me. I'll try turning it off. And yeah, sounds like a bug.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, turning off multithreaded rendering worked for me too. The cinematics play fine (I tested the main cinematic) and so does the app opening (rotating cube, etc.). I'll leave it off for now, especially since I don't see a difference with it on.