The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"The Forest of Ghosts" - 2021 Halloween Build by TeruKisuke

TeruKisuke
TeruKisuke
✭✭✭✭
"The Forest of Ghosts"
Erstwhile Sanctuary
Xbox NA server

There lies a colorful forest where ghosts are out to play. The ghosts are helped by a kind witch to bring happiness and peace to the dead. However, there is one wish left unfulfilled in the depths of a haunted mansion. This wish threatens to bring an ancient evil to the world.
aatdcimrnow0.png
One of my favorite things about Halloween are the vibrant artworks that come out of it. They're very colorful but are accented by black to keep them dark. So, the main focus behind this build is the use of color. I admit I was also heavily in the mood to make an Enchanted Forest, so I used this opportunity to make one but in a classic Halloween build. It might not be the scariest or creepiest, but I think Halloween can also be beautiful, and of course it can also be cute, so I went the route of parody and hijinks. There are also a few references to other franchises. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the pictures.

There are some effects that I can't convey through pictures though, but I can't upload a video at the moment.

a6wpxxn7dfhr.png
b94voyy5j4md.png
lr7okcxnvugf.png
wn5m1c0z5p2x.png
75az733xhxtl.png
gu7j62ieych5.png
del2o8v1tfjb.png
s192oulb7zoa.png
9prcf8edgbdf.png
g29c0ne52q4m.png
a3ntdoh3jby2.png
ewdpssedrtur.png
2lzanrgn8je2.png
pdaf53ey89ew.png
ubpi07kx1nn4.png
c5lbmxl0lqws.png
etybvdd6ks4v.jpg
cqbdcoej3ldt.png
67of6bh6d7fv.png
ms6y3z2vjl6l.png
objbhyawr3f7.png
vh6btbv4rab8.png
j8kcb13n91gh.png
sw99abg3tydp.png
cs77o4t94cs9.png
tld4lce0xirc.png
qmpuoo849ruy.png
0fy8ksv2a2s5.png
w92vahqa0eu7.png
Edited by TeruKisuke on October 24, 2021 4:29AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your use of color in the trees and other flora especially is quite striking! I’m loving the photos!
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @katanagirl1 Thank you so much! I love playing with color. ^^=
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the pumpkin house. So creative!
    And that cemetary is both spooky and sad with those skeletal hands (of a child?) reaching out to grab that stuffed bear from the grave. But with the context of your story, I imagine the kind witch is actually giving this child this bear to this child. :)

And wow, so many leyawiin fireplaces. I'm actually amazed to see so many furnishings on the pictures, it looks so much more than 700. :D
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Incognitius Thank you! I wanted to make a witch’s pumpkin house so badly. I’ve seen someone make a giant pumpkin in a similar way, but it was up on a roof and it wasn’t an enterable structure, so I messed around with making a bigger pumpkin that could house somebody. It’s challenging to make a living quarters in a small space but it’s satisfying when it’s possible! The pumpkin house could’ve even been its own build, but there was a lot more I wanted to do lol.

I wanted to send out a nice message with this build. It’s not a revolutionary concept or anything, but I liked the thought of having a fun/cute/heartwarming take on the dead this year. So I’m glad if it brings a good message to someone else too.
    And wow, so many leyawiin fireplaces. I'm actually amazed to see so many furnishings on the pictures, it looks so much more than 700. :D

My friend called that part the Rosin Graveyard lol. I actually had to move a lot of slots around because it was so tempting to dedicate everything to that beginning forest part, but I wanted to do a haunted mansion in the back too, so I made room. The ends of builds are the hardest part because it’s a slot tango lol. But, I’m satisfied with how it turned out though. The thought of more than 700 slots is always appealing, but I think I was able to achieve what I wanted to do within 700, so I felt proud enough to post it here. In any case, I’m glad if it looks like a full build. ^^=
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The atmosphere you've created with the enchanted forrest, then the stone graveyard and the eerie wooden house is just amazing! Everythin meshes together in a great way for a Halloween build that's spooky but also invites curiosity to explore. There were so many beautiful details, I really liked how you placed the doll-ghosts, especially the two only just peaking from the tree trunk opening, very cute! :smile:
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very very cool. Amazing attention to detail. I'm jealous.
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome! Very spooky. Thanks for sharing with us!
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jaimeh I'm so glad you liked it! Erstwhile Sanctuary just happened to be the perfect house for what I wanted to do, and the way that the house naturally juts up created a perfect path for me to go off of. Usually I'm fighting to transform properties, but it just happened so naturally. Love this property. ☺️

The doll-ghosts are inspired a little bit by the Kodamas from the movie Princess Mononoke! They're cute but creepy little spirits. I wanted to place them in a lot of spots to feel like you're being looked at from a lot of angles, but I wanted them to peek from a lot of spots in a cute way. 🙂
    v5xszn907i9o.jpeg

@Cillion3117 Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun placing all the little details! Gardening is also difficult for me (my forte I feel is making custom structures typically) but it was a fun challenge! 🙂

@ZOS_Chiroptera Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! This build wouldn't have been possible without the frequent return of older crown store homes in the crown store. I'm really grateful Erstwhile came back. And of course to all the new furnishings that slowly make bigger and bigger builds more possible! 🤗