The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

As a Destruction Staff/Healing Staff Sorcerer is there any point in Critical Strike

Resipsa131
Resipsa131
✭✭✭
I have a deeper mana pool and use spells the majority of fights, when my mana gets low I burn through dark channel and keep casting. I use inner light for crits on my spells but critical strike only affects melee strikes, right? Also does theif or shadow stone affect spell crits or only weapon crits?
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you may be able to check by pressing "C" (default key) to check your current Spell Crit and Weapon Crit with and without the buffs on.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Oh is critical strike a sustain? I didn't know you could do that thanks. I have the shadow on right now but it affect crit damage not crit chance
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    Thief is currently bugged but as of next patch will increase spell crit. Shadow increases all crit damage so will affect spell crits.

Weapon crit is useless to you as staves all use spell crit despite using weapon damage.
    Edited by Tadhg_Longhouse on April 29, 2014 3:54AM
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Thief is currently bugged but as of next patch will increase spell crit. Shadow increases all crit damage so will affect spell crits.

Weapon crit is useless to you as staves all use spell crit despite using weapon damage.
    Really? Is that in the patch notes? Hopefully they increase the potency of the mundus system too right now its absolutely pathetic. 100 hp? Really?

Heres to hoping that a mundus set of gear will add a meaningful amount of crit. Ill cringe if I make a whole set to get an extra .75%
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    From the PTS patch notes:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87867/patch-notes-v-1-1-inc-craglorn-from-pts

Fixed an issue where the Thief Mundus Stone buff was not properly applying spell critical strike chance.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion