Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which sets from DLC dungeons are worth farming?

Larcomar
Larcomar
✭✭✭✭✭
Yeah, ok, I said I'd never bother farming sets again given all the nerfs. But given there's a eso+ trial on figured I might try and get one or two. Prob just body pieces. Are there any which are worth getting?

I think I did unleashed terror and crimson from castle thorn last time I had it. Just picked up some Tzog.... from a Frostvault RND. Looked quite good. Any others which are worth putting the time in on? Thinking mainly mag/stam dps, stam pvp, and perhaps the odd bit of tanking. I don't heal....
Edited by Larcomar on October 19, 2021 6:45PM
  • The_Wunderboy
    With next update, probably quite a few. Off the top, Rattlecage, Leviathan, Medusa, Rush of Agony seems good, Dreugh King Slayer(sp?), probably a lot more with set hybridization.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With next update, probably quite a few. Off the top, Rattlecage, Leviathan, Medusa, Rush of Agony seems good, Dreugh King Slayer(sp?), probably a lot more with set hybridization.

Of those you listed, only Rish of Agony is DLC

OP - if your goal is quick farming during the free ESO+ period, you might want to prioritize farming trials. Sets from Normal Cloudrest, Sunspire and Kyne’s in particular are good to have in your Collections.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of those only Rush of Agony is from a DLC dungeon, tho.

There are lots of good sets, but probably not a lot of must-haves.

Stam DPS
    Aegis Caller
    Kinras's Wrath
    Tzogvin

Mag DPS
    Kinras's Wrath
    Tzovgin

Stam PvP
    Essence Thief
    Titanborn

Tanking
    Arkasis's Genius
    Crimson Oath
    Drake's Rush

Overall I think Kinras might be worth getting for either mag or stam. The rest is quite situational.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    I plan to farm Tzovgin for next update.
    It is ment to by gear for my mag Sorc insted Medusa.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »

Yeah, Tzo's and Medusa will basically be the same next patch, just the armor weight is different. Medusa being heavy, Tzo's being medium. Mag DPS are running at least 1-2 pieces of medium in a lot of content, in some cases as many as 5 if sustain and pen arent an issue. You never really want to run heavy if you can avoid it, so unless running only Jewelry and weapons, Tzo's will be a better option than medusa most of the time.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »

Yeah, Tzo's and Medusa will basically be the same next patch, just the armor weight is different. Medusa being heavy, Tzo's being medium. Mag DPS are running at least 1-2 pieces of medium in a lot of content, in some cases as many as 5 if sustain and pen arent an issue. You never really want to run heavy if you can avoid it, so unless running only Jewelry and weapons, Tzo's will be a better option than medusa most of the time.
    For short fights and overland content, I even like Gryphon's Ferocity. Not being a dungeon set it's also easy to come by.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As many said before, Tzogvin & Kinras are possible the top of the DLC sets.

Also, Moon Hunter could be worth considering - i saw on pts it will get some nice dmg boost next patch. Not mentioning all the proc sets that would turn into beast next patch too: Auroran, Scavenger and my favourite - Azureblight ;)

For tank i would strongly recommend Crimson Oath and for support character (as i used on my stamhealer) Grisly Gourmet - it is really fun set to use for 4-people dungs ^^

Edited by Ippokrates on October 20, 2021 10:17AM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. I think Ill aim to get Kinras's Wrath, Tzogvin and maybe Titanborn this time. Just do body, maybe have a go at weps next trial and maybe some of the other sets.

Cheers larc