Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

seven hours tho?

Rudrani
Rudrani
✭✭✭✭✭
I still cant wrap my head around why maint takes so long.
Its merciless on asian-pacific players

I literally cant wrap my head around a 7 hour maintenence.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 28, 2021 7:18PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about 8 hours? :'(
    Options
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
    Options
  • 0lbertikus
    0lbertikus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Extended maintenance incoming?
    Options
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    What concerns me is not the length but the frequency of maintenance that ESO needs. Normally there is 6-8hrs of downtime a week, which is alot. Most other games will be 6-8hrs a month. I get that the game is huge, but a game needing this much maintance was built using spaghetti.
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer
    Options
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is the big server replacement! Finally replacing the creaky old servers with new ones that have ssd drives!
    Options
  • Torwin
    Torwin
    ✭✭
    To be fair they did state some weeks ago, that while there's some work going to gradually improve the general state of the servers, the maintenance breaks are gonna be longer than usual.
    I assume this would be one of those breaks.
    Options
  • TootieTazzy
    TootieTazzy
    ✭✭✭
    Plus around 10 hours for Xbox the other day, too.
    Options
  • LordOsiris
    LordOsiris
    ✭✭✭
    And best is, always EU players are loosing time, never ever NA ...
    If you wanna know more about me, check first here: eso-database.com/en/user/LordOsiris
    Options
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst frustrating, if zenimax has a plan to fix the horrendous state of performance they can take as long as they like. I won't hold my breath though. We have asked for better performance for years and its got worse lol.
    Options
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpharos7 wrote: »
    What concerns me is not the length but the frequency of maintenance that ESO needs. Normally there is 6-8hrs of downtime a week, which is alot. Most other games will be 6-8hrs a month. I get that the game is huge, but a game needing this much maintance was built using spaghetti.

A good example is Guild Wars 2. Err..... Yeah it went down once within the last few years - even when they are updating the game - it can be played even when being updated (you're forced to update after 2 hours after patch hits). I don't understand why ESO maintenance is so *** long, even after all these years playing.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh...finally get my shift swapped for a night shift for all day gaming and hit with maintenance! LOL my luck
    Options
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    its one day out of the week. we'll live.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one thing to do
    4huFAJ8h.png
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • PullaStormy
    PullaStormy
    ✭✭✭
    It's not fun to wait until 6 PM, and sometimes waaaay later if it gets extended. I remember many cases when it was already *the next day* when the maintenance concluded. ZoS seems to only care about NA servers, since in other games I've played, EU's maintenance is when it's night in EU, not during the day/prime time.
    PC-EU - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher - Fashion Scrolls - 1400+ CP
    Options
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordOsiris wrote: »

come live in asian/pacific, then you will know about how maintanence makes you lose time (sad face)
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    7 hours and counting.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still cant wrap my head around it.
    I always thought a company would do the time consuming things on a development server... then shut down the live server for the amount of time it takes to shut down, load data, restart.

i could see that taking... 20 minutes... ok maybe 2 hours for like terabytes of data?
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    It's not fun to wait until 6 PM, and sometimes waaaay later if it gets extended. I remember many cases when it was already *the next day* when the maintenance concluded. ZoS seems to only care about NA servers, since in other games I've played, EU's maintenance is when it's night in EU, not during the day/prime time.

That's the thing I don't understand is why NA and EU go down at the same time. It's only 8:02AM here in Phoenix (Arizona), but this is primetime in European countries. I sleep through the vast majority of maintenance, so I can't complain on a personal level.

I'm wondering if it's just a very small crew that handles the maintenance, and this is just simply easier on the workload.
    Options
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Me every time there is Maint. (like a child on a long road trip...) "Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? " :D
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's just about loading the patch to live. They gotta test those servers after load...also...them hamsters been running for a whole week. Let's give em some time to rest eh?

Seriously though...them hamsters been sleeping long enough. Put em back to work!
    Options
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another thing i never really understood is why they take everything down AT THE SAME TIME.

Anyone figure that out?

Like.... if they took down PS4 NA for 7 hours, then put it back up and then took down PS4 EU... then people could even play some alt characters or something on an alt server.
    Options
  • Addictress
    Addictress
    ✭✭
    AAAHHH *clicking logon button repeatedly* what tha [Snip]

[Edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on October 19, 2021 3:09PM
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in most international games prime time is 10pm-midnight UTC though - on the EU server it seems to be a bit earlier, but not that much - on weekends that is a different story though.
    Options
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    Rudrani wrote: »
    I still cant wrap my head around why maint takes so long.
    Its merciless on asian-pacific players

I literally cant wrap my head around a 7 hour maintenence.

And they refuse to tell what it is they do that takes so increadibly long time
    Edited by tonne.backlinderb16_ESO on October 19, 2021 3:11PM
    Options
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extended?

Not true. I'm NA and losing my playtime for the day unless servers come up now as scheduled. Then have an hour before have to get ready for work.
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    Maybe this is the big server replacement! Finally replacing the creaky old servers with new ones that have ssd drives!

that's some funny stuff right there!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47nb7xosl8c959wq8ciq58g1lnczt1b1piusyiwk05&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This isn't actually true. On the east coast of the united states, its already 11:07am here. We're loosing time too, and it's gradually ticking down. Yeah, you're loosing a lot, but I've been awake since 6:00 and that's 5 hours I could have spent playing the game and doing the things I want to level up.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭

This isn't actually true. On the east coast of the united states, its already 11:07am here. We're loosing time too, and it's gradually ticking down. Yeah, you're loosing a lot, but I've been awake since 6:00 and that's 5 hours I could have spent playing the game and doing the things I want to level up.

While i sympathise you have downtime also it isn't quite the same as EU because this is our prime time play.
    Options
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    Another day lost. Thank you TESO...
    Options
This discussion has been closed.