The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Cauldron (Task Viccia )

GeminiEleven11
When fighting Taskmaster I keep getting killed by execute,so my question is what is execute and how do I stop it? Also, when I hold block and walk into one of the electrical circles on the ground my health sometimes still gets zapped to next to nothing, is this normal? Thx in advance!

Best Answers

• aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    the boss throws a beam at a random player, resulting in death after two seconds. The tank must interrupt the boss.
    Answer ✓
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duplicate
    Edited by Fennwitty on October 15, 2021 7:43PM
    PC NA
    Answer ✓
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the boss throws a beam at a random player, resulting in death after two seconds. The tank must interrupt the boss.

For this fight it's waaay easier if *everyone* is ready to interrupt the boss. There's a very short (~1 second) window to interrupt, and very often the tank can't be close enough to bash because they had to get out of the ground effect.

Have rest of the group use ranged interrupts as their spammable, or at the least slot them for this fight.

When tanking it on vet I double-barred ranged interrupt with my tank just to even have a shot at catching it. The channel is over so fast once you see it, that a bar swap is often too slow to make it in time with any kind of lag.
    Edited by Fennwitty on October 15, 2021 7:43PM
    PC NA
    Answer ✓
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

For this fight it's waaay easier if *everyone* is ready to interrupt the boss. There's a very short (~1 second) window to interrupt, and very often the tank can't be close enough to bash because they had to get out of the ground effect.

Have rest of the group use ranged interrupts as their spammable, or at the least slot them for this fight.

When tanking it on vet I double-barred ranged interrupt with my tank just to even have a shot at catching it. The channel is over so fast once you see it, that a bar swap is often too slow to make it in time with any kind of lag.
    the boss always gives a beam after the second big AoE. The boss gave an AOE, the tank dodged out of it and use crushing shock 2-3 seconds. At this time, the boss is in this AOE and is inaccessible to the bash by anyone except the tank. And why bother DD with this, if the tank has practically nothing to do there. DD should damage, tank should to do mechanics :D
    Answer ✓