The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does the steam version work alright nowadays?

Biscuit_290
Biscuit_290
✭✭✭
A couple of years ago, I read a lot of posts and reviews saying the steam version of the game just randomly stops working for good and that players have lost their game and no way to get a refund. Is this issue still around, however rare it might have become? Has any fix for this come up, in case it occurs to me? Tried asking on steam but no response there. Please help. Asking for a friend.
Edited by Biscuit_290 on October 8, 2021 9:51AM
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing for 6 months via Steam and not had any issues, but more than that I have no idea.
    PC - NA
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been fine so far for me.
  • Darian_Rath
    Darian_Rath
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing on steam since One Tamriel dropped and I've only ever had the "this account is already logged in" error twice. Both times I waited 2 minutes and tried again and it let me in. Otherwise flawless.
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been playing it on Steam for five years and it has always worked fine.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for me. I play ESO since 5 months via Steam, and it's trouble free. Perfect! :)
    Edited by DreamyLu on October 17, 2021 3:03PM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    good to know
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6 months playing ESO on Steam, and no problems for me either.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390