The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group vs Solo Queue Order?

ealdwin
ealdwin
✭✭✭✭✭
Out of curiosity, is there a good reason for the group queue being the default and the solo queue being opt-in via second option?

I am sure anyone else who has tried for the solo queue can assert that the long time is a tad discouraging. But, the alternative is potentially ending up on a team against one or two organized groups; which with the current test becomes a bit more apparent.

I cannot think of any significant downside to switching which queue is the default one and which has to be selected. It would at least help decrease the queue times for the solo queue.

Would it not be worth at least trying it out?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just queue for both but 99% of the time I am solo.

Stay safe :)
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »
    [snip]

Which platform are you on? Because on PC default queue is group queue.

So it's actually the other way around: vast majority of casual players get their BG experiencie crushed because they're teamed against premades.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 24, 2021 10:20AM
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

[snip] its not 'lowest common denominator' its 'providing maximum convenience for maximum amount of players'. More importantly, encouraging new blood/new players. A new solo player getting brutalised when they face a coordinated group is not a good thing for the health of the game so making solo the default makes sense for this reason alone. Clearly groups need to select group to group. Solo players can do both so are more likely to accidently go with the default.

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 24, 2021 10:21AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Amottica on October 24, 2021 10:11AM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

[snip] its not 'lowest common denominator' its 'providing maximum convenience for maximum amount of players'. More importantly, encouraging new blood/new players. A new solo player getting brutalised when they face a coordinated group is not a good thing for the health of the game so making solo the default makes sense for this reason alone. Clearly groups need to select group to group. Solo players can do both so are more likely to accidently go with the default.

Which is my thought. Consider the new 4 queue options: Group DM, Solo DM, Group Random, Solo Random. Both DM Queues are there for those who know, "I want to be in a DM match". Both Group Queues are for those who have a group to go and know who they want to play with. The Solo Random queue seems to be primarily for those who either don't know what they want (and are therefore likely new) or don't have too much preference (they just want to play BGs, regardless of what that BG is). In this regard, there would be some sense in making the Solo Random the default and the other options for those who have more specific desires in BGs (DM and/or Group) opt-in to those modes.

Even if it's just for a patch, it might be worth the try. If it doesn't' work out, then try a different order.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    [snip]

The Solo Random queue seems to be primarily for those who either don't know what they want (and are therefore likely new) or don't have too much preference (they just want to play BGs, regardless of what that BG is). In this regard, there would be some sense in making the Solo Random the default and the other options for those who have more specific desires in BGs (DM and/or Group) opt-in to those modes.

Even if it's just for a patch, it might be worth the try. If it doesn't' work out, then try a different order.

Totally agree with this, ESO is primarily a PVE game but has strong PVP elements, that means a diverse player base that wants different things at different times, including new players, vets etc etc. It just makes sense to make random solo the default, and if you want something specific, you pick something specific.

Personally I select random because i like ALL the game modes but would get bored if its the same mode over and over (this is the exact reason i've not played BG in weeks now)