The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

something housing needs desperately

JJOtterBear
JJOtterBear
✭✭✭✭
is ROOF pieces. We have walls, floors, doors, windows and stairs. but we have no roofs? We also have empty land to build homes, but no roofing. Please bring roofing into the game.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there aren't many options for roofs... you can sort of fake a triangular shape by turning two stairs against each other but it really doesn't look right with most stairs we have... And the problem with trying to use canopy, roof, or platforms for the classic straight roof look is that it usually ends up clipping through the walls of the building...
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Yeah, there aren't many options for roofs... you can sort of fake a triangular shape by turning two stairs against each other but it really doesn't look right with most stairs we have... And the problem with trying to use canopy, roof, or platforms for the classic straight roof look is that it usually ends up clipping through the walls of the building...

yeah. they would probably need to make new objects, but you know for a start just give us placeable clones of already existing roofs in just varying sizes. the assets already exist, they just need to make furnishing versions of them.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Ive never done those sorts of build but Ive heard many guild-mates (housing guild) complain and ask for help on them, so yeah for those people who do, something "roof-like" would be nice.

I for one would like an entire building, just a small place-able house, inn, shop, whatever, for all those people who build little towns (which i would live to) so they don't have to use 30 slots for each building before even decorating.

A nice assortment of building, a nice large field (for me in a pine/mountain/foresty setting) and I'd be broke and happy for months.