The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing suggestion - underground home & NPC packs

JJOtterBear
JJOtterBear
✭✭✭✭
I would like a fully dedicated underground home. I know, we have Earthtear Cavern. But it open up into the outside. We need a cave home that is more like an Outlaw's Refuge. Underground and fully contained with a tunnel access. That would be awesome.

The other things is kind of like houseguests, but not really. They would be clusters of npc's like dancers or people sitting and fanning themselves or bards. they could either come with their own chairs or they would be automatically assigned to sittable chairs in your home if you have them. so say you had a dining table with chairs, you buy a "dinner party" npc pack that would be a set of diners to sit at your table. they wouldn't be pathable though. they would just be meant to occupy an area to give homes some life to them. and of course there could be different sizes to accommodate people who have different sized home.

its a rough draft idea, so forgive the incohesion. My biggest problem with housing, especially with the big houses is how empty they feel. there is no life in them. Houseguests are great, but they take up slots and they too are kind of lifeless, even when pathed.
Edited by JJOtterBear on October 9, 2021 3:37PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an underground Dark Brotherhood themed cave, but other options would be nice and personally, I love the look of some delves and the Elden Root dungeon with shafts of light from above, underground waterfalls, and lots of bioluminescent flora! :smile:

It would be great to be able to have more NPCs in our home and perhaps we could have more if they didn’t have pathing and conversation options — not that I don’t appreciate those in houseguests, but it would be great to be able to create additional scenes, populate a tavern, etc. And emotes really need to be a part of pathing too, please! :heart:
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    I would love some smaller underground houses that look like thieves’ guild hideouts. Maybe half that size. Like our own private hideaways with little nooks and sewer/cave/wine cellar access. Not huge. Just big enough to be interesting. They could be in every major city with cool little hidden entrances.

I’d buy them all ZOS. You hear me? All. Of. Them.
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see 2 small/basic cave homes, 2 or 3 classic cave homes and 2 or 3 notable cave homes.

Long abandoned/overgrown mines, wind carved caves, naturally drained out sea caves, hollowed out cliff caves.

Minimal aesthetics of carvings, ruins and other things would make it seem unnatural.
    Edited by Starbridge84 on October 14, 2021 5:39PM
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)