Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

[Bug] Soul Siphoner Nightblade Passive reduces Strife healing by 85%

fantom
fantom
When specced 2/2 into Soul Siphoner (3rd passive in the Siphoning tree) and using Strife (unmorphed, have not tested morphed versions), instead of increasing healing by 15% it reduces healing TO 15% of normal (not by 15%, TO 15%).

Instead of healing for 54 per tick, Strife now heals for 6 or 8 per tick. :/

7l8fRzt.jpg
Edited by fantom on April 24, 2014 9:39PM
  • Namiel
    Namiel
    ✭✭
    Noticed that bug too, morphed strife into Funnel Health (it hits 2 addictional players).
    "Be like water, my friend"
  • fantom
    fantom
    One additional note, this doesn't always bug:

I have no idea what makes it heal properly or not heal.

L22NnwO.jpg
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is a fairly serious bug, cant recall if I specced into that passive or not...

I'm thinking that ZOS needs to temporarily remove the gold cost associated with respeccing so that people can move skill points out of completely bugged out abilities like this.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Well this is a fairly serious bug, cant recall if I specced into that passive or not...

I'm thinking that ZOS needs to temporarily remove the gold cost associated with respeccing so that people can move skill points out of completely bugged out abilities like this.
    But if we did that, we wouldn't have any class skills to put points into. :disappointed:
    Oh Nightblade...
    NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    oh noes, thats not good. This is one of my 1h+Shield tanking abilities that i love ;( that plus Mirage (morphed Blur) = yay survivability.
  • Aedh
    Aedh
    ✭✭✭
    This happens every once in a while with Swallow Soul as well. Don't know about Funnel Health.
  • JoxerHD
    JoxerHD
    This explains a lot...
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fantom wrote: »

I will have to test this a bit to see if I find the same issue; I've not noticed a reduced healing, but I also have not been watching for it.

Is there any possibility that the discrepancy in healing values is due to enemy resistances or blocking or something?

To my comprehension, the skill heals relative to the damage it inflicts on impact; I would think that factors like spell resists/blocking/buffs might reduce that value.

I'll need to save up gold for a couple respecs to get a better look at this myself.

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    When specced 2/2 into Soul Siphoner (3rd passive in the Siphoning tree) and using Strife (unmorphed, have not tested morphed versions), instead of increasing healing by 15% it reduces healing TO 15% of normal (not by 15%, TO 15%).

Instead of healing for 54 per tick, Strife now heals for 6 or 8 per tick. :/

7l8fRzt.jpg

Yeah I noticed this as well a while back. Add that to a comprehensive list of broken Nightblade skills. This class is so broken.
  • Namiel
    Namiel
    ✭✭
    Well when i was using Funnel Health in early release and in the early patches, it worked fine! And even if it state that heals for the 25% of the damage inflicted, I noticed and i remeber well that it did actually heals for a fixed amount (ticks of about 65). And that was extremely attractive!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

I will have to test this a bit to see if I find the same issue; I've not noticed a reduced healing, but I also have not been watching for it.

Is there any possibility that the discrepancy in healing values is due to enemy resistances or blocking or something?

To my comprehension, the skill heals relative to the damage it inflicts on impact; I would think that factors like spell resists/blocking/buffs might reduce that value.

I'll need to save up gold for a couple respecs to get a better look at this myself.

I have not yet tested with a respec to see how the passive impacts the skill.

I just did some testing with Swallow Soul (Strife Morph) and learned some interesting things.

If the enemy is buffed or blocking, the mitigation impacts my heal -- the less damage that I do with the hit, the less I heal for.
    If I crit on my spell cast, I heal for more.
    The healing is directly relative to the damage done...sort of.

I went on to test it further by casting in succession.

Casting Swallow Soul a second time prolongs the duration of the initial heal, but does not replace it.
    If I crit on the first cast, then do not crit on subsequent casts, the prolonging of the heal keeps the initial value from the crit rather than replacing it with the lower healing value of the non-crit.
    If I do not crit on the first cast, then crit on subsequent casts, the prolonging of the heal keeps the initial lower value from the non-crit, rather than replacing it with the higher healing value of the crit.

This issue may also be present where if the first hit is blocked the subsequent hits do not raise the healing from the initial value; I need to more adequately test this portion still.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • Sebyos
    Sebyos
    I'm a caster/healer NB primarily using Siphoning and my main spam skill is Funnel Health. For some reason, it sometimes heals me by like 25 instead of the usual 150 or so. Not sure why it's so low even when my damage is fine.
    Edited by Sebyos on April 28, 2014 3:40PM
  • Namiel
    Namiel
    ✭✭
    Thanks a lot for your tests Samadhi, your efforts and contribution are really appreciated. I'll keep your notes in mind next time i charge a group of angry dremora.
  • fantom
    fantom

You can see that in both of my screenshots Strife did 220 damage.

Also I have had instances where casting strife twice on the *same mob* gave me full healing the first time (63/tick) and bugged healing (6/tick or 8/tick) the second time.

Haven't been able to establish any consistency yet.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can see that in both of my screenshots Strife did 220 damage.

Also I have had instances where casting strife twice on the *same mob* gave me full healing the first time (63/tick) and bugged healing (6/tick or 8/tick) the second time.

Haven't been able to establish any consistency yet.

I'm not certain then. Perhaps the issue impacts specific versions of the skill. The only time I have seen that low of a healing with my Swallow Soul has been when attacking another player who was blocking with a shield and had the heavy armour buff on.
    I'm at 67-70 on non-crit casts and around 107 when Swallow Soul crits. I've not seen this issue happen when testing on mobs.
  • Lylin
    Lylin
    Soul Shriven
    Want to confirm that I encounter this bug very frequently too :(