Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Help on bowplar/resto build (lvl23)

DemonicWinna
So I was doing perfect until recently. When I take on a mob of 3 I find myself either getting killed or barely surviving. I'm using a build I found online but I don't know why I'm not having too much luck with it, and I'm thinking I'll have to respec.

I'm using 5 light armor and 2 heavy, with trinkets that add mana regen+max mana

My bow build is:1. solar flare (which can be morphed),2. restoring aura, 3.venom arrow, 4. scorched earth, 5.reflective light

My resto build is:1. Breath of life, 2. healing springs, 3. Biting Jabs, 4. rapid regen, 5. blessing of protection

My rotation is: solar flare,reflective light,venom, scorched, restoring aura.
  • Omniphonic
    Omniphonic
    ✭✭
    I'm doing a bow/healer nightblade that feels pretty powerful. I'm not that familiar with templar, but I don't think you have any CC slotted. Swapping out venom for magnum shot would let you kite enemies better probably.

Also, one of the best parts of using a bow is the easy crits from stealth. That and make sure you don't fire your arrows by releasing the mouse button but by using a skill so your effective dps is doubled with attacks and abilities happening in quick succession.

Failing that, you could try casting a regen on yourself before starting any combat. On my healer I keep all my heals on the same bar, cause I'm not templar ofc, but my ability set-up goes like this:

bow : magnum shot > killer's blade > swallow soul > healing path > shadow disguise

staff : illustrious healing > regen > silver bolts > ward ally > siphoning strikes

anytime i'm in trouble i can pop shadow disguise which overcaps me on armor and spell res. when i solo I just use the bow bar, the passive healing from path, blade, and swallow soul keeps me at full 98% of the time and when i group i mainly use staff with siphoning strikes keeping my mana bar full enough to constantly spam healing spells like mad. it works pretty well.
  • DemonicWinna
    My CC's are reflective light (also a DOT) and biting jabs (knockback), without poison arrow I do even less damage and makes it even worse.I don't know what morph illustrious healing is, I don't have silverbolts and don't know what skill tree it's from, ward ally only lasts for 8 seconds which isn't too helpful with magicka cost (wouldn't be able to cast after initial rotation) and it makes the rotation even more complicated and would add too much time to my rotation.

I'm a templar, I don't have shadow disguise, path, blade or swallow soul and don't have abilities to siphon magicka. So this doesn't help me at all.

I can try swapping scorched for scatter shot though. Templar heals are burst heals that take a ton of magicka to cast in comparison to resto/nightblade ect, I'll try casting rapid regen but I'm not sure if it will out heal the dmg.