The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

decon strategy

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
My main is almost complete with all traits and I'm doing master writs. I have 4 more characters that are about midway (all are at level 50 for bs,ww, clothing) and 4 more that are babies. Does it make more sense to let the main decon everything for the supplies you get as a result, wax, plating ect, and make the things that the rest need for research? Or should I do as I have been and use the stuff I pick up for research and only decon the things nobody can use? What's the most efficient use of resources?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good question. I do things a certain way but it might not be optimal.

Your main crafter will have the passives to extract more mats so there is a benefit to letting that toon do all of the deconning.

However, deconning gear levels up your alt’s crafting level fast and easily, so I usually have them decon what they pick up. I’m usually leveling up the alt toon and their other skills at the same time. I guess I probably take a hit for a while as far as getting max mats until the alts get the crafting passives too.

I generally only have one toon leveling up crafting at a time though, so it would be less loss than having multiple crafters leveling up at the same time.

I do use some gear they pick up for research but when the trait research gets lengthy it can fill up their inventory so sometimes I just craft level 1 gear on my main crafter with traits for research on my alt.

Hope this helps.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Good question. I do things a certain way but it might not be optimal.

Your main crafter will have the passives to extract more mats so there is a benefit to letting that toon do all of the deconning.

However, deconning gear levels up your alt’s crafting level fast and easily, so I usually have them decon what they pick up. I’m usually leveling up the alt toon and their other skills at the same time. I guess I probably take a hit for a while as far as getting max mats until the alts get the crafting passives too.

I generally only have one toon leveling up crafting at a time though, so it would be less loss than having multiple crafters leveling up at the same time.

I do use some gear they pick up for research but when the trait research gets lengthy it can fill up their inventory so sometimes I just craft level 1 gear on my main crafter with traits for research on my alt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I really like the idea of having my main doing more decon for the mats. I may split things up a bit more and anything purple or blue the main decons and anything below that the alts take care of.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That will work but if you want your alts to level up and get more crafting passives and use higher tier materials it will take longer to get there.

EDIT: sorry just reread - yes you should have your main crafter decon the good stuff and pass all the greens, whites and intricates to your alts
    Edited by katanagirl1 on October 12, 2021 5:00AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is some strategy that can be used when deconning on your alts.

They will not get the full benefit of deconstructing high-level intricate gear when they are at a low level, so you can do some "massaging" of who decons what as you're leveling up. This is just playing around at the edges of efficiency, so it's not absolutely imperative and you're not missing out on much.

For example, when I was leveling up my alt account's jewelry crafting, I'd have one character deconstruct the intricate pewter rings until they got up to about level 30 in jewelry crafting, then they'd start deconning the intricate platinum rings to get up to 50 (and the next character would be deconning the pewter jewelry). So, I'd be leveling 2 at once, instead of doing one at a time.

I probably only saved a few days in time to level all 18 of them up doing this, but it was definitely noticable, but again, just playing around with the edge cases for efficiency.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points