Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Screenshots not saved when multi-threaded rendering is turned on (PC, Windows)

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As per title. Please fix.
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you taking the screen shots?

I use multithreaded rendering and have no known problems. I just created a new character yesterday and screen capped all the sliders using the keyboard Shift-PrintScreen and also in the game with a keybind.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In game keybind. Just print screen. Should save to file. Says it's saving to file. Does nothing.

Character creation screenshots have NOT worked for me with in game keybind ever.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    In game keybind. Just print screen. Should save to file. Says it's saving to file. Does nothing.

Character creation screenshots have NOT worked for me with in game keybind ever.

For character creation, it is necessary to use Shift-PrintScreen. The keybind is what I use when in the game world.

If it says it is saving to a file, my first guess would be that the game cannot write to the file or directory. Windows authority issues? Anti-virus/anti-malware?

It works when the multithreaded rendering is turned off?? If that is the case, some Dev probably needs to get your information. Open a support ticket. @ZOS_Kevin ?
    Edited by Elsonso on September 27, 2021 11:24PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    It works when the multithreaded rendering is turned off?? If that is the case, some Dev probably needs to get your information. Open a support ticket. @ZOS_Kevin ?
    Exactly. It works when multi-threaded rendering is turned off. Now you got it.
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. An there was a bigger thread about it back in August, but still no response from the devs.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7371036

I am playing without multithreading for now, because the ability to take screenshots is more important to me. And I've lost a whole day of screenshots when I first found out this issue.
    Edited by Sheridan on October 3, 2021 6:20AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheridan wrote: »
    And I've lost a whole day of screenshots when I first found out this issue.
    Yeah, because it displays a message like it's saving a screenshot.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    It is working for me. So, it is not everyone's problem. This means, they need more information. May there is a pattern. Maybe OS and GFX adapter.

I use Win10 20H2, nVidia.

And I have an AV exception for the elder scroll documents folder.