The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyrodil is trashed!

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad that all these suggestions come from the desire of single players to be able to take groups down easily without the effort of grouping themselves in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 6, 2021 3:30PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad that all these suggestions come from the desire of single players to be able to take groups down easily without the effort of grouping themselves in Cyrodiil.

why do you have such disdain for solo players? lmao .....and why do you think any of these changes are anything solo players want? The vast majority would prefer pre proc pre 1t pvp circa patch 1.6.......
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If a group is wiped because of their healing being targeting or purge ability, by a "solo" then the problem lies with the group. Groups already have an overwhelming advantage through numbers, damage output, damage reduction, and even through composition itself.

Players like to pretend that groups are fighting other groups or that groups never stack with factions, but that couldn't be further from the truth and anyone that steps foot in Cyrodiil knows it. And even if it were the case, then the suggestions should equally apply to all groups.

Also, gameplay where one players health goes down and another player's doesn't no matter what because of "mechanics," that cannot be balanced no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Further, when builds do the same thing in PvE, they get nerfed the next patch by the same exact dev team.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

why do you have such disdain for solo players? lmao .....and why do you think any of these changes are anything solo players want? The vast majority would prefer pre proc pre 1t pvp circa patch 1.6.......

I don't have a disdain for solo players, the good ones don't come on the forums and ask for one button or proc sets to be able to kill organized groups. To be honest it is mostly a forum thing, in game it never comes up.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 7, 2021 2:15PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If a group is wiped because of their healing being targeting or purge ability, by a "solo" then the problem lies with the group. Groups already have an overwhelming advantage through numbers, damage output, damage reduction, and even through composition itself.

Players like to pretend that groups are fighting other groups or that groups never stack with factions, but that couldn't be further from the truth and anyone that steps foot in Cyrodiil knows it. And even if it were the case, then the suggestions should equally apply to all groups.

Also, gameplay where one players health goes down and another player's doesn't no matter what because of "mechanics," that cannot be balanced no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Further, when builds do the same thing in PvE, they get nerfed the next patch by the same exact dev team.

That is just it, they are not being wiped by the single players skill, they are being disabled by the single players armor.
    Hardly call that skill.
    And guilds I play with go out of the way to fight other groups and guilds as we have rivals that go back years.
    I always admired those single players who could kite and use LOS taking the group down one by one.
    SypherPK at Alessia bridge was the first I saw do this years ago.
    Most of those guys have moved on because of the cheese and performance.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a disdain for solo players, the good ones don't come on the forums and ask for one button or proc sets to be able to kill organized groups. To be honest it is mostly a forum thing, in game it never comes up.

And yet ZOS themselves said that people should send "pesky zergs" "to the void" simply by equipping this new set.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

And yet ZOS themselves said that people should send "pesky zergs" "to the void" simply by equipping this new set.

Which was a bad attempt to add humor to the patch notes based on trying to please the players that keep coming to the forums and complaining they died to a group in group orientated PvP.
    When was the last time you saw a dev or support person in PvP?
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 7, 2021 4:36PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which was a bad attempt to add humor to the patch notes based on trying to please the players that keep coming to the forums and complaining they died to a group in group orientated PvP.

I saw a few of them spamming light attack on a live stream once, but that's about it. Never seen a single dev in the game in all my years, period.

I agree with you, there should be better balance options than just tossing a few overpowered gear sets into the mix. Nothing will change until they address heal stacking. Not sure why they can't see the elephant in the room, but it is what it is.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I saw a few of them spamming light attack on a live stream once, but that's about it. Never seen a single dev in the game in all my years, period.

I agree with you, there should be better balance options than just tossing a few overpowered gear sets into the mix. Nothing will change until they address heal stacking. Not sure why they can't see the elephant in the room, but it is what it is.

You do realize that heal stacking is what keeps most rando's alive? It is unintentional, but they are getting the heals from everyone around them, I actually preferred when heals were group only for that period of time during testing. At least that way, you had control over who you were spending your Magicka on.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

You do realize that heal stacking is what keeps most rando's alive? It is unintentional, but they are getting the heals from everyone around them, I actually preferred when heals were group only for that period of time during testing. At least that way, you had control over who you were spending your Magicka on.

This is not accurate. Solo's tend to keep themselves alive. It's the ball groups that survive by heal stacking.

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

This is not accurate. Solo's tend to keep themselves alive. It's the ball groups that survive by heal stacking.

Most in the zergs are not solo players.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think people's issue is that tools specifically designed to combat groups are used by optimized and rehearsed groups to give a nearly insurmountable advantage in combat against those in less optimized or less organized groups.

Why shouldn't an optimized full group be insurmountable? Well that's a good question. Can somebody give us a refresher on that point?

My only particular gripe with ball groups is that you can flag a keep from the inside. Is there any legitimate reason that should be possible?

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 8, 2021 7:50PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing will change until they address heal stacking. Not sure why they can't see the elephant in the room, but it is what it is.

This.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't let multiples of the same healing over time spell stack on players.

PvP will be fixed
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP will be fixed

Agreed.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP will be fixed

"Don't let people use proc sets and ball groups won't be a problem"

"Don't let ball groups spam AOE skills and ball groups won't be a problem"

Something tells me

"Don't let heals stack, then ball groups won't be a problem"

will work just about as well as the other theories the forums come up with.

When can we finally admit being in a group and coordinating gives you a huge advantage over zergs, as it should?
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP will be fixed

Something tells me

When can we finally admit being in a group and coordinating gives you a huge advantage over zergs, as it should?

Then coordinate. Use different skills. There are plenty.

9 out of 12 people in a group spamming radiating regen is not coordination. It's a crutch.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP will be fixed

Something tells me

Then coordinate. Use different skills. There are plenty.

9 out of 12 people in a group spamming radiating regen is not coordination. It's a crutch.

My point was this isn't going to have the impact that you think it is. Ball groups will still dominate and server performance won't improve.

My group has run without radiating regen before and we can certainly do it again.
    Edited by neferpitou73 on November 1, 2021 7:03PM
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    My point was this isn't going to have the impact that you think it is. Ball groups will still dominate and server performance won't improve.

My group has run without radiating regen before and we can certainly do it again.

Agreed. I doubt it effects performance.

If your group can run without radiating regen, it means you guys can play well and deserve to stand out. Just my opinion.

I really don't mind ball groups. Which half the time is kind of a silly term anyway. I prefer to fight people that know what they're doing.

8 people hopping around with orange laser lollipop spam waiting for everyone's ultimates and the 4-6 dark convergence cooldowns is a bit sad.
    Edited by McTaterskins on November 1, 2021 7:30PM
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is not the players, it's the game itself.

You can easily outmanouver and wipe a ball group in a no lag scenario (yes, it's hard as ball groups are well coordinated and heal like there's no tomorrow but it's not impossible).

Add even a slight lag delay and ball group becomes invincible as the server tends to prioritise the ball group over everything else happening around them.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    The problem is not the players, it's the game itself.

You can easily outmanouver and wipe a ball group in a no lag scenario (yes, it's hard as ball groups are well coordinated and heal like there's no tomorrow but it's not impossible).

Add even a slight lag delay and ball group becomes invincible as the server tends to prioritise the ball group over everything else happening around them.

Yep. The biggest problem in game is server performance.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between people figuring out how to game the low pop bonus, Dark Convergence that will never behave as the tool tip suggests, troll groups with zero faction loyalty and just run around trying to disrupt everyone in any way they can think of, outrageously low population caps, outrageously poor servers, a totally meaningless score and leader board because score is less and less determined by actual game play.......

.....I guess I'll stop there.

Cyrodiil is really becoming a miserable place to play. It seems like ZOS is trying to kill cyrodiil.