The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC/NA Hard Crashes - Game window goes to load screen, wheel is spinning, but nothing happens`

BoloBoffin
BoloBoffin
✭✭✭✭✭
Twice today this has happened - I'm just going along in Blackwood. I was in different spots doing completely different things, but the same crash happened.

First the sound cuts out like in PVP when there's too much going on. Then a load screen pops up and the wheel keeps spinning, but the game is toast. It never comes back (this time I can't even bring up the launcher above the game window). When I close the window, the launcher is in a full rectangle, not the normal shape, and it also will not close. The only way to get back to the game is a manual shutdown of my computer and then restarting. The rest of the processes running on the computer are fine. I'm typing this looking at that load screen.

This has only started happening today.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 8, 2021 5:13PM
I ride in a zerg ball of one.