The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Does today's patch fix the crashes?

DrSlaughtr
DrSlaughtr
✭✭✭✭✭
Asking for a friend.
I drink and I stream things.
Twitch: DrSlaughtr
YouTube: DrSlaughtr
Facebook: DrSlaughtr
Twitter: DrSlaughtr
TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • dissonance_ESO
    All crashes: certainly not.

The rampant ones that were probably the majority that most people regularly hit: seem to be fixed or at least helped a lot.

I could 100% repro locking out my characters (load crash) by going into Silent Halls in Blackwood--I'd crash loading into the area and then couldn't recover the character unless I logged in on an older pre-Series console. Trying that out with bated breath today, I enter/exited 5/5 times without crashes, which was a very welcomed change.

Haven't tried BGs or other things that were crashing every 3-5 minutes yet, but now I'm optimistic given that was an instant, guaranteed crash.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Today's update fixes a few different crash issues happening on the Xbox. You can read the full patch notes here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Today's update fixes a few different crash issues happening on the Xbox. You can read the full patch notes here.

@ZOS_BillE there's no mention of getting constantly kicked to dashboard with series x, especially in Cyro. I thought it was stated that it would be patched today.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_BillE there's no mention of getting constantly kicked to dashboard with series x, especially in Cyro. I thought it was stated that it would be patched today.

Are you still being constantly kicked to the dashboard?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Are you still being constantly kicked to the dashboard?

I haven't been able to play yet today.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've crashed about the same amount as before the patch. Especially when editing champion points. Xbox NA, Series X
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played last night and didn't crash. 🤞
  • dissonance_ESO
    Likewise -- I played for 5-6 hours yesterday and didn't crash even once (Series X) despite a lot of being in Blackwood and even (gulp) Silent Halls. I was averaging closer to 5-6 per *hour* before the maintenance patch (double that if I didn't avoid PvP or other player-dense areas) so there's at least a big change to one category of crash.

It seems like there are still some other crashes (the champion point UI one is particularly concerning) and it's unfortunate that some people are hitting those quite a bit (I'm thus far in the lucky camp of not being as impacted) but this still seems like a significant "win" for stability.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was getting the CP crash on my One X over a year ago. It seems to come and go between patches.