The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fort Virak Evening the Odds Quest

DMuehlhausen
DMuehlhausen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm at the part where I have to unbar the doors. I have the quest markers but I can't interact with them. Just says you can't unlock that now. Been stuck here for the last couple days. I feel like all my play throughs there is something odd you have to do at this point. I just don't remember it as each play through is normally like a year apart for me since I'm not big on having a lot of characters.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found the interaction with the bars a bit odd, when I did that quest (very recently). I had to stand right next to the gates but turn sideways a bit so I was facing more towards the side of a gate, and then the interaction prompt for raising the bar appeared.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll give that a try...I remember it always being off even back in 2014. You'd figure this would be something they would have fixed by now. I'm sure we aren't the only 2 :)
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is on the PTS now v7.2.1:
    Stonefalls
    Evening the Odds: Fixed an issue where the bar over the gates in Fort Virak were difficult to interact with.

So being worked on.
    PC NA
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Stonefalls
    Evening the Odds: Fixed an issue where the bar over the gates in Fort Virak were difficult to interact with.

So being worked on.

Pretty much. I got it to work by turning sideways. I didn't have to do that back at launch, but most other characters I've had issues.
  • JoStoic
    JoStoic
    ✭✭
    Stonefalls

So being worked on.

I just rage uninstalled because of this bug. I couldn't get it to work, and I definitely was right next to it, and clicking at all directions. Admittedly, not in an orderly way. but this is the second time the bug has stopped my progression. before, I thought it was because I was ill for a long time. now that I'm better, it just enraged me.

I hope this gets fixed in the patch. if not. I'm uninstalling this game and hiding it from myself. there's no way it's OK to let bugs go for this long.

I told tech support to forward my angry help requests to someone who can deal with it. That was the nicest I could be.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JoStoic wrote: »
    Stonefalls

So being worked on.

I just rage uninstalled because of this bug. I couldn't get it to work, and I definitely was right next to it, and clicking at all directions. Admittedly, not in an orderly way. but this is the second time the bug has stopped my progression. before, I thought it was because I was ill for a long time. now that I'm better, it just enraged me.

I hope this gets fixed in the patch. if not. I'm uninstalling this game and hiding it from myself. there's no way it's OK to let bugs go for this long.

I told tech support to forward my angry help requests to someone who can deal with it. That was the nicest I could be.

If you walk up on the door and then sideways so your character is at a 90 degree angle it works. It's the beam across the door you have to target. It's stupid and wasn't an issue at launch, and I know it's been reported several times, but since it doesn't actually "stop " you from progressing it's probably on a far back burner.