The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Markarth and Ayleid Furnishing Wish List

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I would really love to have these items available at either the Luxury Vendor or available as plans from Rolis Hlaalu to craft for ourselves.

This large Dwarven enchanted stone lighting element:
m7a4ybajml0t.jpg

The Welkynd stone chandelier above:
57cgy6a881mu.jpg

This nice Dwarven metal railing (and the tall courtyard grating/wall structural element as well):
hnbnuwi0qugd.jpg

Ayleid statues like these for the Ayleid house:
om3jlad5k1o7.jpg

9o11ta6ec88p.jpg

Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do need "common" Ayleid furniture - beds, nightstands, plates and jars. The lore? It fits just fine. We have Dwemer things made of stone. So we can have Ayleid things made of white stone with welkynd adornment.
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would love more ayleid furnishings. especially structures. Like the arches, the doors, walls and floors.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hoping for that markarth iron gate/tall railing for a while now. You can see it a lot in Blackreach so I was hoping they would release it in a pack or something, when stone-eagle aerie came out, but alas. It's very beautifull and it would solve a lot of slot issues because to achieve a similar effect currently you have to use multiple clockwork beams.
    Edited by Jaimeh on July 29, 2021 8:27AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need to add an image of those lovely Dwarven books I see in Bthar-Zel to this thread.

Those would be a great addition as well. I’d probably put them in all of my houses.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really love to have these items available at either the Luxury Vendor or available as plans from Rolis Hlaalu to craft for ourselves.

om3jlad5k1o7.jpg

9o11ta6ec88p.jpg

I would LOVE to have these two statues and have long been hoping for Ayleid structural furnishings — especially arches! :love:

As for Ayleid common furnishings, I don’t think those would make as much sense and certainly I would not expect them to be of stone. From what I’ve seen, I would expect that the Ayleids lived in homes and places above ground, perhaps not so different from high elves, or perhaps they favored wood or even some sort of magicka building component and that is why we find nothing left. I think that the Ayleid ruin were, even as they often still are, places of power were magicka was done and rituals performed.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

om3jlad5k1o7.jpg

9o11ta6ec88p.jpg

I would LOVE to have these two statues and have long been hoping for Ayleid structural furnishings — especially arches! :love:

As for Ayleid common furnishings, I don’t think those would make as much sense and certainly I would not expect them to be of stone. From what I’ve seen, I would expect that the Ayleids lived in homes and places above ground, perhaps not so different from high elves, or perhaps they favored wood or even some sort of magicka building component and that is why we find nothing left. I think that the Ayleid ruin were, even as they often still are, places of power were magicka was done and rituals performed.

That’s a theory I had not thought of before. I went with the premise that Ayleids did live in the underground areas but all that is left in the ruins now are what we see in the game.

I haven’t made much progress on my Ayleid house because I had the idea to cobble together Ayleid benches and tables and other stone furnishings to create things like beds, wardrobes, and other items. I don’t know if anyone else has tried this but I’d be interested in seeing if you did.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

om3jlad5k1o7.jpg

9o11ta6ec88p.jpg

That’s a theory I had not thought of before. I went with the premise that Ayleids did live in the underground areas but all that is left in the ruins now are what we see in the game.

I haven’t made much progress on my Ayleid house because I had the idea to cobble together Ayleid benches and tables and other stone furnishings to create things like beds, wardrobes, and other items. I don’t know if anyone else has tried this but I’d be interested in seeing if you did.

It’s my theory based on what we have and what we have not seen evidence of in all these ruins… And I believe that in reality too there have been cultures where the main archaeological evidence have structures build for religious purposes and similar.

Earlier this year, I saw some posts by people who did as you say from clever repurposing of Ayleid bookshelves combined with Markarth Dwemer and other furnishings…
    Edit: Look up the thread by @bluebird of their Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins 700/700 - Meridian Shrine! :smiley:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 4, 2021 2:25PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did go back and revisit that post since it’s been a while since I saw it.

Just browsing through the snapshots it looks like the furnishings are combined styles but not cobbles as I am trying to do. I want to create items that look like they could be Ayleid design and not have the obvious look of Markarth or other styles in them.

I do appreciate you taking the time to look it up and point it out, though!
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did go back and revisit that post since it’s been a while since I saw it.

Just browsing through the snapshots it looks like the furnishings are combined styles but not cobbles as I am trying to do. I want to create items that look like they could be Ayleid design and not have the obvious look of Markarth or other styles in them.

I do appreciate you taking the time to look it up and point it out, though!
    :)

Ahh, I understand and no problem! I have not cobbled many furnishings and it seems that Ayleid would be especially challenging with how few furnishings there are, although the bookcases could potentially be the base for a lot of things. Good luck with your build! :)
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, but not with the Luxury Vendor. That means waiting a year for something new. That vendor is the worst joke I have seen in video games. What I dislike the most about the system is how few new items are added each week. There should be like 5-10 new items each week, and things that were released more than 1-2 years ago should be available all the time on different vendors.

It is time to have themed vendors, like Khajiit which will sell rare (special) Elsweyr themed furnishings, previously seen on the luxury vendor, and so on. Most items are available on guild stores anyway. The Luxury Vendor should have only the new stuff.

There have been countless requests in this forum. It is safe to bet that 95% are still ignored.
    The largest new selection was added when Cardinal joined the ESO housing team, and that was a whole selection of awesome Alinor themed objects, including the greenhouse, windmill, and amazing trees.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s an awesome idea @kind_hero and I would welcome it, but it would undoubtably be much more work for the dev team than adding to Luxury Guy’s rotating list.

I would be happy to get them in any form and waiting is better than getting nothing at all.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA